Mod Issues

Hey, everybody. Today I was trying to download some mods but I got very confused. If you could just send me some mod pack that the only thing it has are airplanes. And a guide on how to load them because when it comes to computers I am REALLY stupid and am really experienced. Thanks pal! Big Grin Big Grin Smile :lol: :twisted:

Welcome,

There are several ways you can mod your game, The first one is HSFX which is a Mod Pack, The second is UP which is also a Mod Pack, Mod packs include alot of Mods and thus it is a big download and your third and final option is Custom, which lets you have only the Mods you download and want.

Read through this Easy guide for HSFX!
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=25515
Read through this for links and guides to Installing UP!
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=28193
Read through My splendid guide for a Custom Install!
viewtopic.php?f=104&t=27664

Cheers!

I have the HSFX mod pack and the beauty of it is that you can turn off the mods you don't want.

Try it---it is well worth it.

Hi, NavyHawk

All the major mod packs have many mods other than aircraft. Since HSFX and UltraPack are the most popular, I will use them as an example. In these two mod packs is a thing called a JSGME Mods Enabler. This is basically a software application which acts as a switch to turn mods or smaller mod packs ON or OFF within the bigger mod pack.

Once you learn a few things about your mod pack, then you can either turn ON or OFF the things which come with it or add mods to the JSGME system and then turn them ON or OFF in the Mods Enabler, just as Lefty Hartnett has written.

You can even add mods from other modding communities such as SAS to the JSGME Mods Enabler in HSFX or UltraPack. Be sure to verify that the mod which you want is compatible with your mod pack. If you are going to get one or the other of these mod packs, then I recommend getting at least the HSFX 4.1 or the UltraPack 2.0 Later you can install the add-ons for these. (Of course, SAS can help you get mods, too, and they have great quality as well, though you would need to do custom installation of many things there.) Be careful to have your mods backed up with copy so when you intall an add-on, then you can have it in storage in case you lose any mods that you like during the add-on installation. If you do it right, you won't lose any mods.

Here is my guide to help you:

IL-2 Newbie Guide

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=29314&p=332140#p332140

Have fun with it. Big Grin

I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! TubeBuddy