New chimmney Smokes and bird effects version2.0

WOW I get back and WOW

Thank you very much,

This is great for the game Big Grin

I will be using them Big Grin

Planemad

walter_solito Wrote:HI mate!

Those smokes are really interesting for the game but they have some class files shared with CY6 colored smokes mod and above all they shared the slot for smoke from 16 to 19 so is impossible to have both together!

Can you please look at this and make both compatible?

If you need the link to CY6 colored smokes it's here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l1nla2wmt5a

regards

walter
If you let my mod overwrite CY6's mod (overwrite his class files and mix my and his effect files ) then, it depens on how your configure your Stationary.ini and technics.ini files if you configure your Stationary.ini and technics.ini files as my description in FMB you will have chimmney_Smoke_house1 instead for Yellowsmoke chimmney_Smoke_house2 instead for Bluesmoke, chimmney_Smoke_house3 instead for Redsmoke and chimmney_Smoke_white instead for Greensmoke, but if you configure your Stationary.ini and technics.ini files as his description it will be the reverse case, so if configure your Stationary.ini and technics.ini files as CY6's way you can have his effects, and add these line to your stationary.ini file which you have configured as CY6's:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
chimmney_Smoke_Blak vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke20 0
chimmney_Smoke_Gray vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke21 0
Birds vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke22 0
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and these line to your technics.ini
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smoke20:Effect Effects/Smokes/chimmney_Smoke_Black.eff
Smoke20:Mesh 3do/Arms/Null/mono.sim
Smoke21:Effect Effects/Smokes/chimmney_Smoke_Gray.eff
Smoke21:Mesh 3do/Arms/Null/mono.sim
Smoke22:Effect Effects/Smokes/bird.eff
Smoke22:Mesh 3do/Arms/Null/mono.sim
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in your FMB you you will have his effects plus chimmney_Smoke_Blak, chimmney_Smoke_Gray and Birds. so if you overwrite his files with mine and do as i described you will have his effects and tree effects of mine it depennds on how you configure your Stationary.ini and technics.ini files. My 1D1F704673F1FE74 class file has 22 smoke file but his contains 19.

Remember that if you will have partly of both effcts you hava to mix the contents of mine and his .effct files too.

Big thanks for all feedbacks and nice comments. :wink: Smile

Fantastic mod, thank you stuka_40

respect!

riffraff

Brilliant! Can't wait to try this. Thanks stuka

Hello stuka_40, thanks for your mod!

I have some questions, I may have run into some noob problems with my modded Il-2 HSFX4.11 install (with Histomod).

I added all the lines to the stationary.ini and the technics.ini and also experimented with disabling Mr socorrista22198's great "little effects" mod, but never got the birds to show up in my FMB mission.

I found them under stationary objects and placed them on my map (airbase) in the Grand Canyon for a test.

The birds showed a "?" to the symbol on the map when placed.
I also tried to use your tip regarding elevation (height) of the birds.
"you can hold F4+right mouse botton to adjust the high of these objects(lift up or down). "
To be honest I don't know when to press this combination, when placing the birds or when selecting them, but the combination didn't do anything for me.

After some attempts, I tried to place the birds with the "JSGME" mods folder and utility and got the following note:
"Folder "Effects" has already been added by the "00_Philip_ed_Bullets_Intermittent_Smoketrail_V1" mod.
Folder "Effects\smokes" has already been added by the "00_Philip_ed_Bullets_Intermittent_Smoketrail_V1" mod."

Maybe a conflict..

Thanks for tips, would like to fly through some birds while landing. :wink: Big Grin

Cheers

Tom

I tried it again with socorrista22198's advice and it seems to work! Disabled a folder called STD from Histomod to make sure.
I think this folder is harmless, when the inis in it are modified as well. Birds look very funny, thanks a lot! Big Grin
Still lot of stuff to learn here.
:lol:
Tom

Placed almost 20 of them in a mission in Thailand...no FPS hit!

MY first map victim..note the terribly matching skin, Phil Air Force on a Grand Canyon visit.
[Image: grab0000-13.jpg]

:mrgreen:

It would be nice to have a small program to automatically place the smokes on the villages of a given map. It's probably not hard to write (I'll try that in matlab but for community usage someone needs to write it such that it will be a windows .exe.)
But the idea would be the following. Have a list of village house TYPES and to each type associate a given height (the height of the smoke to be placed which we can determine for each type using FMB).
Next the prog would take as input the buidings of the map say winter Moskow map (the list of the buildings with their positions can be obtained using the actors.static extract comand for the map in question). The program would then run through the buildings and whenever it would encounter a village house it would write in an output mission file a smoke at the position of the house and with the height corresponding to that house type. The output would be so just a mission template containing the smokes, so you can add them to any mission. A small map like Moskow still contains a lot of village houses so if every house gets a smoke there'll be perhaps too many smokes and the mission would be unplayable. So then there's the option that the program to scale the number of smokes randomly say to 10% or 20 % or whatever a good number would be for that map...

yesssssssss must shoot birds

Hey, stuka_40. I'm really having fun with both parts of this mod, and your light mod too. I was wondering if it would be possible to do other birds like finches, hawks, buzzards, or pelicans? This may sound strange, but what about insects? I'd like to be able to see things buzzing around the grass as I'm waiting for my engine to warm up. IL2 has always been rather lifeless and I think that this mod is a step in the right direction. Anyway, just some requests. Thanks again.

TomFF Wrote:Hello stuka_40, thanks for your mod!

...The birds showed a "?" to the symbol on the map when placed.
I also tried to use your tip regarding elevation (height) of the birds.
"you can hold F4+right mouse botton to adjust the high of these objects(lift up or down). "
To be honest I don't know when to press this combination, when placing the birds or when selecting them, but the combination didn't do anything for me.

After some attempts, I tried to place the birds with the "JSGME" mods folder and utility and got the following note:
"Folder "Effects" has already been added by the "00_Philip_ed_Bullets_Intermittent_Smoketrail_V1" mod.
Folder "Effects\smokes" has already been added by the "00_Philip_ed_Bullets_Intermittent_Smoketrail_V1" mod."

Maybe a conflict..

Thanks for tips, would like to fly through some birds while landing. :wink: Big Grin

Cheers

Tom
Well, i don't use HSFX or other packs so i can't help you! first put the effect on map the icon "?" will begin to blink, press enter you will go to 3D mod in FMB, hold the right mouse button and F4 button att the same time now move you mouse forward to lift the effect and backward to lower it.
you can do it with some other effects too like lights and fires.
if you have already the "Effects" folder you can put the contents of my "Effects" folder inside that folder which you already had.

lowfighter Wrote:It would be nice to have a small program to automatically place the smokes on the villages of a given map. It's probably not hard to write (I'll try that in matlab but for community usage someone needs to write it such that it will be a windows .exe.)
But the idea would be the following. Have a list of village house TYPES and to each type associate a given height (the height of the smoke to be placed which we can determine for each type using FMB).
Next the prog would take as input the buidings of the map say winter Moskow map (the list of the buildings with their positions can be obtained using the actors.static extract comand for the map in question). The program would then run through the buildings and whenever it would encounter a village house it would write in an output mission file a smoke at the position of the house and with the height corresponding to that house type. The output would be so just a mission template containing the smokes, so you can add them to any mission. A small map like Moskow still contains a lot of village houses so if every house gets a smoke there'll be perhaps too many smokes and the mission would be unplayable. So then there's the option that the program to scale the number of smokes randomly say to 10% or 20 % or whatever a good number would be for that map...
My purpose was to not decorate all houses in villages or towns because it will be very time consuming, i did it mostly to put there the most activity will happen for example tank battle in some villages or so which you have placed static cameras, because the small chimney effects for houses are not visible from far distances, but if you have such idea you can do as you want maybe some peopel have usage for it. THX for asking.

RadPig94 Wrote:yesssssssss must shoot birds

They are invuuuulnerable. Tongue

stuka_40 Wrote:
RadPig94 Wrote:yesssssssss must shoot birds

They are invuuuulnerable. Tongue
yesssssssss must shoot stuka Big Grin