New chimmney Smokes and bird effects version2.0

*Steppenwolf* Wrote:Hey, stuka_40. I'm really having fun with both parts of this mod, and your light mod too. I was wondering if it would be possible to do other birds like finches, hawks, buzzards, or pelicans? This may sound strange, but what about insects? I'd like to be able to see things buzzing around the grass as I'm waiting for my engine to warm up. IL2 has always been rather lifeless and I think that this mod is a step in the right direction. Anyway, just some requests. Thanks again.
Hi! You must be joking i don't think they (insects) will be visible in il2 . Confusedhock: :lol: :lol: But you can do a test inside my effects folder find bird.eff file (make a backup first) and open it with notepad find this line
Code:
Size 2.0 2.0
and change it to :
Code:
Size 0.020 0.020

save an exit, in this way you will reduce the birds size from 2m to 2cm test it anse if the birds are visible or not?

I'm very glad that so many people like this mod an have fun with it. Smile Smile :wink:

I'm totally serious. I tried what you said and you can in fact see them, they just need to hover differently and be in smaller numbers. You could make larger bugs too, but then the bird shape would have be changed to something more appropriate of course. The idea was to have them placed somewhere they'd be seen, like taxing on take off. It was just a thought on how to liven things up a bit around the airfield that's all. If not bugs, then what do you think about more species of birds? I think sea birds hanging around a fishing boat or circling buzzards on a desert map would look kinda cool. Anyway, thanks stuka_40 for the mod and for the reply.

Great mod stuka_40 Thanks.I've asked this question on a different forum,I was just wondering how hard would it be to make a animated walking man one that we could use as an object and give way points to? :?:

Gumpy Wrote:Great mod stuka_40 Thanks.I've asked this question on a different forum,I was just wondering how hard would it be to make a animated walking man one that we could use as an object and give way points to? :?:
Thank you, i think you should ask someone who is 3D modeler and can make your 3D animated model, read my answer to" Jambo"
in page 2.

*Steppenwolf* Wrote:I'm totally serious. I tried what you said and you can in fact see them, they just need to hover differently and be in smaller numbers. You could make larger bugs too, but then the bird shape would have be changed to something more appropriate of course. The idea was to have them placed somewhere they'd be seen, like taxing on take off. It was just a thought on how to liven things up a bit around the airfield that's all. If not bugs, then what do you think about more species of birds? I think sea birds hanging around a fishing boat or circling buzzards on a desert map would look kinda cool. Anyway, thanks stuka_40 for the mod and for the reply.
Thank you too, in future maybe i'm going to add also some gulles or ducks.

I just saw the 2nd version of this epic mod NOW. :lol: :wink:
Thanks a lot, stuka_40, definately my favourite environmental mod!

Cheers!

Hi,
I just installed your version 2 and I can't seem to get the gulls flying off the ground; I placed them in the shallows and on the coastline but they donnot take off, I can see them 'inside the ground' (bits of them...) I run a 411 SAS mod-activated game, any clues? Thanks,

cgagan Wrote:Hi,
I just installed your version 2 and I can't seem to get the gulls flying off the ground; I placed them in the shallows and on the coastline but they donnot take off, I can see them 'inside the ground' (bits of them...) I run a 411 SAS mod-activated game, any clues? Thanks,
Hi! if you read the readme file i wrote "you can hold F4 button on
keyboard + right mouse button to adjust the high of these objects (lift mouse up or down)."by the way the seagulls will not fly around they will only
hover on the air and will go down over water surface, and this will repeat, don't forget to download my environmental sound mod too.
:wink:

MAY HAVE MISSED IT- HAS ANYONE TESTED/USED THESE IN A 4.101M INSTALL YET? Confusedhock:

stuka_40 Wrote:
keyboard + right mouse button to adjust the high of these objects (lift mouse up or down)."by the way the seagulls will not fly around they will only
hover on the air and will go down over water surface, and this will repeat, don't forget to download my environmental sound mod too.
It is obvious that I haven't read your readme.file properly... I apologize. I still face problems though; I don't understand how am I to use the F4+right mouse click combination. I place the seaguls where I choose, de-select them, then press F4+right mouse click? I can't seem to be able to work this out, and this applies to smokes too. Your previous version has no problems. Thanks again for your wonderful mods,

cgagan Wrote:
stuka_40 Wrote:
It is obvious that I haven't read your readme.file properly... I apologize. I still face problems though; I don't understand how am I to use the F4+right mouse click combination. I place the seaguls where I choose, de-select them, then press F4+right mouse click? I can't seem to be able to work this out, and this applies to smokes too. Your previous version has no problems. Thanks again for your wonderful mods,
THX for your comment, this is a 4.09m version mod, i don't know if it works with 411 SAS mod-activator or not, but if you can see them(birds)
i FMb then it works!as you said first place them where you want (i suggest place them at water surface, you can see them better) in FMB in 2D mod,
then zoom to max(the object is selected and blinking) then press Enter in your keyboard, to go 3D mod in FMB, press F4 and keep it down at the sametime push right mouse button and slowly move your mouse up to lift the object upward an move your mouse down to pull the object downward (during mouse movments you hold down the right mouse button + F4 button).

I suggest that you firsr place a smoke or the other birds and after you adjusted the height of the object, then change it to seagull!

Yes, that did the trick! I also installed your sounds mod. Fascinating stuff, and I cannot see any incompatibility issues with my 411 setup. Many thanks for your great mods and, again, for your assistance! 8)

Thanks Stuka, I love that the cities and landscapes look wonderful, you have improved much look whole of IL2, you should adjust your mods to 4.101. Big Grin

cgagan Wrote:Yes, that did the trick! I also installed your sounds mod. Fascinating stuff, and I cannot see any incompatibility issues with my 411 setup. Many thanks for your great mods and, again, for your assistance! 8)
You're welcome, it's good that it's working now. 8) 8)