How to make the su26 work?

Hi guys I'm sorry to post this thread, I tried looking for a solution myself without any success.

I'm currently trying to install this su26 viewtopic.php?f=45&t=27302
But I can't seem to be able to.

I have the HSFX 4.11 on my computer and I'm not able to locate some important folders that are described in the install process in page 3 (or quoted beginning of page 5).

So can anybody help me please Sad I really want to fly this plane!

Flagada Wrote:Hi guys I'm sorry to post this thread, I tried looking for a solution myself without any success.

I'm currently trying to install this su26 viewtopic.php?f=45&t=27302
But I can't seem to be able to.

I have the HSFX 4.11 on my computer and I'm not able to locate some important folders that are described in the install process in page 3 (or quoted beginning of page 5).

So can anybody help me please Sad I really want to fly this plane!

Hi,

This topic was moved to the forum where it should be:

IL2 Mods Trouble Shooting
Anything concerning issues on how to install mods and frequently asked questions

Fireskull Smile

Flagada Wrote:I have the HSFX 4.11 on my computer and I'm not able to locate some important folders that are described in the install process...
You will have to create a MODS folder, since HSFX does not have one by default.

Yeah but I did that. Then it says things like putting the diff_fm file in the folder where the BUTTONS are and that where the hick is... cause I have no such folder.... I guess if anyone could make it work (doesn't have to be with HSFX... I installed it cause the sukoi didn't work with 4.09m either..) I just want a version that will make it work. (If not HSFX then what should I put on there?) I am perfectly motivated to start again from scratch. As long as I know it will work out.

With HSFX you need to make a MODS folder.

Inside the mods folder you need.

MODS
*STD
*DIFF_FM_Mod
*YOUR NEW PLANE.
To make the STD [all cpas here] open the root game folder and you will see a file called " FILES" it will be near the top. Open it and inside you will see
com-gui-!18n
COPY AND PASTE THESE THREE FILES IN TO THE " STD" FOLDER YOU MADE.
com-----gui-----!18n
Inside the gui folder is a folder called game.
inside that is where the BUTTON FILE GOES.
Get the button file here:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,97.0.html

Get the DIFF_FM_Mod here:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,3988.0.html

Thank you Skyomish, I did that... Sad still not working... I'm going to give up... I think that's the most simple thing...

I still think I did something wrong though .... pfffff the button file was a file and 2 folders... is that correct? I put those in the game folder (the new one that I implemented in the MODS folder.)

I put the DIFF_FM_Mod comes in folder do I keep the folder? or do I just put the file named 294ABC86A89FAEB4 within BUTTONS online and offline?

when you say:
Quote:MODS
*STD
*DIFF_FM_Mod
*YOUR NEW PLANE.
Does that mean I put diff fm mod in MODS instead of button files?
Man this is so complicated..................

The DIFF_FM_Mod goes in the MODS folder
all by its self.
After you down load it just copy it to the MODS floder.
Make sure that it does not come in two folders.
What I mean by that check to see that there is a
folder called DIFF_FM_Mod and in side that will be the same folder.
If so copy the second one.

If it makes you feel any better the first plane I did only took six or seven
hours to get it to work. :mrgreen:
That was ONE PLANE. LOL

I'm way past 6-7 hours buddy so no doesn't make me feel better xD
Like you said I checked diff_fm_mod folder has 294ABC86A89FAEB4 file in it and it is now in MODS (I didn't wait for you) but still not working.

mmmmm. For the plane it self. Would you try and make it work on your computer and tell me where you put things? please! Cause its confusing. There is one main folder named Su_26M, within that is a MODS folder, within that one there is two folders: SU_26M and game.
What goes where would be my question Sad

Ok I will install this plane and make a screen shot to point things out.

It will be in the AM as its late and SLEEPY time is setting in. :mrgreen:

Where did you get your Download from ???
if you dont mind post it here.

I posted it in my very first post here it is again though:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=27302

And thanks a lot for bearing with me man !!!

OK I have downloaded this plane from the site you gave.
I played with it or over and hour and it is SCREWED UP.
Never did get it to work. Little or no directions , What there was I'm not sure I understood what i was reading.
So after that I deleted it and and got the same plane from SaS.
Took all of about 5 mins for Download and flying.
Here are the pic of the MODS folder and location for the air.ini file you need to copy.
First the MODS folder:
[Image: 01.jpg]
Next the location of the Air.ini file inside the STD folder
[Image: 03.jpg]
NEXT a good down load address of the plane you are looking for.
Inside you will find a " readme " file it has the info for the install.
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,2965.0.html and the
PLANE.
Sorry you had to go thur this mess. It was not you at all.
[Image: SU_26MSaS.jpg]

All right for the air.ini file that I have to modify, I modified the other one from before I knew I had to copy and paste those three folders, do I have to delete the line in the very first air.ini file?
By the way when I copied the original line, the things weren't matched and lined up with the other lines, what I did is I lined it up with the other ones? was it a mistake? Never mind I put the exact same line as in the txt file of the new plane you linked me. I just droped the su26_blablabla file in the mods folder. Have I forgot anything else? (I deleted the original su26 exept for skins.

One last question, to avoid the searching of the plane in that huge list could you tell me between which plane it is located? And what you do to have it work in the game?

(I just go in quick mission cause the list is longer from there, but do I need to go in multiplayer or anything else?)

Actually I lied, I have one last question: Where is this read me file that shows instruction for the install :S

When you UNZIPPED the plane file it says air.ini.
A note pad file sorry NOT a readme. MY mistake.
As for the air.ini file delete the old one and insert the new one in ORDER
of names. I put mine between the SU-2 and the Swordfish.
Use the QMB to find your new plane and test it.
Use any map.
I hope this helps. Smile