How to make the su26 work?

I put the su 26 in the same slot you did in the air.ini but between what aircrafts is it going to be in the game?
BTW I did replace the line in the air.ini once I had the new plane.
The only thing I did though after that once the new plane was downloaded and unzipped was put the su26_blablabla in mods and I did nothing else.

(Again Now on my game I have two air.ini because you told me to copy and paste the folders and put them in STD folder of mods, do I modify BOTH or only one? (I tried both ways of course neither of them worked))

The order of aircraft entries in your air.ini will be what you see in game when you choose your aircraft in QMB, or the arming screen in Single Player and Multiplayers missions. It's as simple as that.

Skyomish is doing a great job helping you with this install, so I won't step on his toes, except to add a couple of general rules about adding mods:

Anything in the MODS folder will take precedence over anything duplicated elsewhere, and similarly, anything in the Files folder will take precedence over anything duplicated in the games *.SFS files.

So the best advice for adding new mods to your game is to always use the MODS folder, which, as Skyomish has instructed you, starts out its life with some folders and files that are copied from the base install Files folder.

Thereafter, whenever you add a new mod, put it in the MODS folder, and ONLY edit the .ini files in the MODS folder, so that your base install and the .ini files in the Files folder remain untouched.

In the STD folder you WANT ONLY ONE of each.
com - gui- !18n.
You only copy that line in the air.ini file. THE ONE LOCATED in the
STD folder in the MODS floder.
ONLY make changes to the air.ini folder INSIDE the MODS folder ONLY.
As you go thur the plane list in the QMB look for SU26.
JUMP IN AND STEP ALL YOU WANT LOL

skyomish Wrote:OK I have downloaded this plane from the site you gave.
I played with it or over and hour and it is SCREWED UP...
Well, I did not download this to try it, but just a quick look at the download page saw this:

Quote:installation:
File Su26_FM put to MODS\SU_26M\gui\game\

It appears this other download comes with its own FM file (rather than using the Diff-FM mod) which gets put in a non-standard location.

skyomish Wrote:In the STD folder you WANT ONLY ONE of each.
com - gui- !18n.

Again thanks a lot for helping me out man and spending so much of your time to help me make some sense of it. I don't know why my last post was not posted XD I must have screwed something up.
But in the game itself where is the plane located? (Because the order in air.ini and the one in the game is radically different!!!!) Please let me know between which airplanes is the su26 going to be IN THE GAME.
What version of the game do you use please? I have HSFX 4.11 I think but when I load the game it still says 4.09m.
Let me know if you're using UP, or HSFX or none cause whatever version you have that get it to work I will use and not hesitate to reinstall the game starting from scratch ! Thanks again ! lookinng forward for your next answer

8FS_Bulau Wrote:
skyomish Wrote:OK I have downloaded this plane from the site you gave.
I played with it or over and hour and it is SCREWED UP...
Well, I did not download this to try it, but just a quick look at the download page saw this:

Quote:installation:
File Su26_FM put to MODS\SU_26M\gui\game\

It appears this other download comes with its own FM file (rather than using the Diff-FM mod) which gets put in a non-standard location.
I played around for over an hour and could not get it to work.
That Download needs a MAJOR instructions with it .
Thanks for your INPUT 8FS_Bulau its always welcome with me. Smile

Make sure you check my post (we posted at the same time I want to make sure you see mine)

Flagada Wrote:
skyomish Wrote:In the STD folder you WANT ONLY ONE of each.
com - gui- !18n.

Again thanks a lot for helping me out man and spending so much of your time to help me make some sense of it. I don't know why my last post was not posted XD I must have screwed something up.
But in the game itself where is the plane located? (Because the order in air.ini and the one in the game is radically different!!!!) Please let me know between which airplanes is the su26 going to be IN THE GAME.
What version of the game do you use please? I have HSFX 4.11 I think but when I load the game it still says 4.09m.
Let me know if you're using UP, or HSFX or none cause whatever version you have that get it to work I will use and not hesitate to reinstall the game starting from scratch ! Thanks again ! lookinng forward for your next answer
Ok First things first. My game is HSFX. 4.1
You have the JSGME on your desk top? That makes the mods active.
If not open you game folder and near the bottom of all the files you will
see a big yellow " G " that is it. CREATE [ right clcik your mouse and move it over you desktop area] an icon on your desk top if you
dont already have one.

Now click the JSGME and all your mods are on the left hand side.
HILITE the " History mod" and use the arrow button to move it to the right hand side. Now you should bae able to see your new plane.

IF you dont have the JSGME in your game folder some thing is messed UP.
Please report back.

All right man ....

I love you.

No homo!