Where are my aircraft folders?

Nothing wrong - UP v2.01 is the best thing since sliced bread. I've added my own mods folder and succesfully put in around 12 new a/c from SAS plus 1 new map. Big Grin

Great. But I jst wondered where the up aircraft folders are within the game structure? I've found the JGSME folder and another for HSFX4 - but can't find one for up 2.01 :OO

What nobody knows where their plane folders are in up 2.01 ? :OO

Aircraft folder?

Okay this is easy, I only asked because I was about to upload a big historical mission pack to M4T but as it involved several Typhoon missions I needed to tell users how to apply the Tyhoon patch as I had originally done but couldn't remember how to do now, that's all. Basically just to avoid all the whiners that say "oooh the mission doesn't work moan moan," :lol:

But due to the usual moronic apathy here and especially at the UP forum where they only seem to answer questions if you goose-step, I'm now going to say get stuffed and I''ll just enjoy the stuff myself. I don't need the hassle anyway. Pathetic. :roll:

KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:Aircraft folder?

OMG a reply! I think I would have looked there by now! :mrgreen:

Okay somebodies sent me a pm - its in Files/3do/plane Big Grin

Funny thing though there's no mention of UP at all - and only a very few of the UP aircraft are in there? My updated Typhoon mod is right there so I must have found it okay in the past.

Why is UP such a weird set-up? :x

flying_spud Wrote:Okay this is easy, I only asked because I was about to upload a big historical mission pack to M4T but as it involved several Typhoon missions I needed to tell users how to apply the Tyhoon patch as I had originally done but couldn't remember how to do now, that's all. Basically just to avoid all the whiners that say "oooh the mission doesn't work moan moan," :lol:

But due to the usual moronic apathy here and especially at the UP forum where they only seem to answer questions if you goose-step, I'm now going to say get stuffed and I''ll just enjoy the stuff myself. I don't need the hassle anyway. Pathetic. :roll:

flying_spud,

I wish that you could get better help all the time.

Unfortunately, there are all types out there. :roll:

Thank you for the sense of humor ealier. We know that it helps, huh? :wink:

Anyway, I hope that you experience better attitudes from people when you ask about UP issues down the road.

There is only so much that I can do. We are encouraging a friendly atmosphere in the community where we can, but we know that we have no control over some things.

flying_spud Wrote:
KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:Aircraft folder?

OMG a reply! I think I would have looked there by now! :mrgreen:

Okay somebodies sent me a pm - its in Files/3do/plane Big Grin

Funny thing though there's no mention of UP at all - and only a very few of the UP aircraft are in there? My updated Typhoon mod is right there so I must have found it okay in the past.

Why is UP such a weird set-up? :x

Well, they do have a lot of content to juggle. It'll get better with time.

I'm glad that you got the help and are good to go! Smile

This was made into a Sticky Topic because it is so important for your UP.

I hope that all goes well at Mission4Today. Smile Let us know, okay?

Fireskull Smile

Might as well take this down as a sticky now as in the new 3.0RC, there isn't a "File" folder anymore.

I have to agree that there isn't much help in any of these sites [AAS, M4T. SAS, UP] for most people. I originally joined in 2005 and mostly been ignored and had to work out my own issues. I purposely set up a new account recently hoping to look like a new guy on issues with 3.0RC but that attracted not much either. Not sure what the formula is except maybe being known from flying on hyper lobby. Some posters [especially at SAS] are down right hostile to people with questions as if "they were born with all their knowledge" and have nothing but contempt for those who ask elementary questions. Such attitudes will kill new growth in the hobby. Too bad.

Mapczar Wrote:Might as well take this down as a sticky now as in the new 3.0RC, there isn't a "File" folder anymore.

I have to agree that there isn't much help in any of these sites [AAS, M4T. SAS, UP] for most people. I originally joined in 2005 and mostly been ignored and had to work out my own issues. I purposely set up a new account recently hoping to look like a new guy on issues with 3.0RC but that attracted not much either. Not sure what the formula is except maybe being known from flying on hyper lobby. Some posters [especially at SAS] are down right hostile to people with questions as if "they were born with all their knowledge" and have nothing but contempt for those who ask elementary questions. Such attitudes will kill new growth in the hobby. Too bad.

Mapczar,

I feel bad with you about the issues that you mentioned. Personally, I don't use UP at this time so I feel reluctant to offer any help, though I do know some things which are certain to help someone in a given situation.

The condition of IL-2 modding is that people are making a slow but steady diversifying as they spread to more IL-2 websites as they are launched. How I feel it applies to this is that the knowledgeable people are spread far and wide now and also much busier than in the past.

None of this is any excuse for being ignored or insulted.

Around here, Admins and Moderators are working to keep this website friendly and we handle unfriendly issues as appropriate ( though we are not perfect ).

One way that I have found to respond to all this is to make friends with good people who share my interests.

I am confident that you can find some in this neighborhood. Smile

Fireskull