Installing new map with JGSME ?

I understand many mods how they work with JGSME activation but never installed a new map.

So... can somebody explain how to install JGSME map version.

This one, for example: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,5250.0.html

Sad

Fireskull: Topic was made into a Sticky Topic because this is a common need. Both HSFX and UltraPack users have the JSGME Mods Enabler, so this goes in IL-2 Technical Help Forum for such users.

Blond Wrote:I understand many mods how they work with JGSME activation but never installed a new map.

So... can somebody explain how to install JGSME map version.

This one, for example: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,5250.0.html
Sad

Blond,

What is your mod pack?

I moved this topic to the IL-2 Technical Help forum for now.

Can someone help Blond to add a map?

Fireskull Smile

Thanks Fireskull,
I am on UP2.01....

Anybody ?

I'll see what I can do for you.
Give me a day or so to work the file structure out and I'll get back to you.

S!

Many Thanks Big Grin

Looking forward to it...

It´s really simple

1 unzip
2 place the folder unziped "MrO_Tunis" in the JSGME-MODS folder
3 copy your \IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Files\maps\all.ini and paste it in \IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\JSGME-MODS\MrO_Tunis\Files\maps\
4 open this new all.ini with a text editor (this is the maps list you see in the full mission editor) and write where you want MrO_Tunis MrO_Tunis/load.ini
5 open the JSGME and enable the map

Hope it helps Smile

Blond,

I made this a Sticky Topic. See your first post for message.

Fireskull Smile

If I might add my own confusion and hope for an easy solution. I have UP2.01 and in the IL-2 folder I have two JSGME folders, one enabled and the other not. The enabled appears as "jsgmemods," and the other, "-JSGME-MODS," is not. I can follow your directions copying the "files\maps\all.ini," but when I open either one of the jsgme folders to " MrO_Tunis," there is no "map," nor "files" neither files, or folders. I might add, MrO_Tunis is also installed in my Mods and files folders. How do I make it all right?
Thanks for your attention.

aahhmmmm in the step 2, replace JSGME-MODS for jsgmemods. You must use the jsgme folder your version uses, in this case, jsgmemods Tongue

I've installed several maps into jsgmemods folder, to keep things a bit organised I created a folder called Extra Maps under jsgmemods and that's where I install my maps to... hard to explain what goes where, pic below may explains things better.
Forgot to show where all.ini goes in pic :oops: ....it goes in the "maps" folder in the pic below.

I have my game installed into E:\Games\IL2Ultra, so in my setup the folder structure to the top line in the pic is ...E:\Games\IL2Ultra\jsgmemods\Extra Maps......in my example having the "Files" folder under Extra Maps is very important. Everything goes below it.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Quelty

[Image: jsgmemaps.jpg]

Many thanks people... Wih all these great maps it would be pitty not to understand.