[MOD] cztx_Caucasus

MOD version 1.0 of cztx_Caucasus map is available to download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s7j98toba ... sus_V1.zip

Note: v1.0 is different than the BETA version so please download this one and delete the BETA if you already have that.
There are two maps, Fall and Winter. Screenshots and WIP thread is here:
viewtopic.php?f=126&t=29717

***I'd like to dedicate this map to Russia's Mikhail Gorbachev and to all those who were involved in the war in this part of Russia. Gorbachev was a young boy at that time living in the area just north of the map's northern border. I salute Gorbachev for his brave role in history and for his love for humanity.***

EDIT: If you have a problem on the winter map with water behaving like frozen ice...
There is a simple fix for this.
I viewed a link to the Aleutians map and found this quote by agracier:
"UPDATE on Fixing 'Hard Water'
Problem : Bombs falling water will leave a crater and seaplanes cannot always land on water either.

Apparently this can be fixed by a very simple editing of the load.ini file.
this is a line of text that is near the beginning of the file:

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = WINTER

please change that to

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = winter

Apparently by editing the map to a winter map, it makes all water behave like ice, even if the water textures show unfrozen water. With CAMOUFLAGE = winter (NO CAPITAL LETTERS) you will have normal water and default winter skins.

[Image: map.jpg]

[Image: map2.jpg]

Thanks very much - looks like fun!

:cheers:

Thank you, looks like a great work you done there Smile
Am sure there will be many missions made for this map.

Deutschmark

Thanks for your work and time! Looks great! Smile

Nice one,always wandered who will try to do this nice piece of land.
Few remarks after testing
Looks like you hit the max height limit with some peaks.Elbrus is just as Table mountain in SAR,that doesnt look good.It should be a landmark of great importance.Is it possible to lower the mountain range generaly to have better "panorama" for the sacrifice of bit of real heights?

Brano Wrote:Nice one,always wandered who will try to do this nice piece of land.
Few remarks after testing
Looks like you hit the max height limit with some peaks.Elbrus is just as Table mountain in SAR,that doesnt look good.It should be a landmark of great importance.Is it possible to lower the mountain range generaly to have better "panorama" for the sacrifice of bit of real heights?
Sorry to disappoint you with Elbrus but I have no idea how you would "lower the mountain range." As you probably know, IL2 has a height limitation and there's not much we can do about it. In my opinion it's better to sacrifice one mountain than to sacrifice all the rest just for one. Like you, I was disappointed as well but like so many other IL2 things we just have to accept what we have as it is.

EDIT: If you have a problem on the winter map with water behaving like frozen ice...
There is a simple fix for this.
I viewed a link to the Aleutians map and found this quote by agracier:
UPDATE on Fixing 'Hard Water'
Problem : Bombs falling water will leave a crater and seaplanes cannot always land on water either.

Apparently this can be fixed by a very simple editing of the load.ini file.
this is a line of text that is near the beginning of the file:

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = WINTER

please change that to

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = winter

Apparently by editing the map to a winter map, it makes all water behave like ice, even if the water textures show unfrozen water. With CAMOUFLAGE = winter (NO CAPITAL LETTERS) you will have normal water and default winter skins.

Congrats on this fantastic map -a region I always wanted to fly in!
Brano said:
"Looks like you hit the max height limit with some peaks.Elbrus is just as Table mountain in SAR,that doesnt look good.It should be a landmark of great importance.Is it possible to lower the mountain range generaly to have better "panorama" for the sacrifice of bit of real heights?"

A general point regarding this: if any map is not 1:1 scale, then the vertical heights should not be 1:1 either.
So, if this map were say, 1:2, then Elbrus would only need be around 2,600 metres, and would not have a flat top.
And look better, IMO.

I just tested this. Good job!
it is an area that was missing. BTW there were finnish SS Viking batallion there... They were Waffen SS.
kap

felix_the_fat Wrote:Congrats on this fantastic map -a region I always wanted to fly in!
Brano said:
"Looks like you hit the max height limit with some peaks.Elbrus is just as Table mountain in SAR,that doesnt look good.It should be a landmark of great importance.Is it possible to lower the mountain range generaly to have better "panorama" for the sacrifice of bit of real heights?"

A general point regarding this: if any map is not 1:1 scale, then the vertical heights should not be 1:1 either.
So, if this map were say, 1:2, then Elbrus would only need be around 2,600 metres, and would not have a flat top.
And look better, IMO.
The mountains look a bit weird. that's true, but i can live with that. it is fun to fly over the mountain passes. As said, scaling map, would make mountains look right, but also lower....
Anyways. I love the Caucasus map. Cities and everything is made very well. Also textures look magnificent.
Kap

I made some new mountain textures for this wonderful map and if you like you can try them out yourself.
(Got permission by CzechTexan for releasing it.)

Download link here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cd8068m0w5bmx9u

[Image: f3aef805.jpg]

[Image: f24bdeb6.jpg]

[Image: 52a62c6e.jpg]

There very nice textures Lejo, Downloading :Smile)

Oh and its a very nice map CzechTexan, Thank you :mrgreen:

Planemad

Very nice mountain texture's, it gives the 3D feeling :!: Big Grin