stuka_40_FX_MOD

Just to let you know, this mod works with JSGME under UP 2.01. I tried it without any other effects mod, it changes some files which are also interested by ZutiMDS 1.13, but so far this hasn't caused any problem to me.

But remember, to make it work with JSGME, you first have to extract the .rar file to "...\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\jgmemods" folder. Then open the resulting "vas_stuka_40_FX" folder, create a new folder named "Files" and put everything else inside it.

İ want to thank you stuka ' effort, i really love it, its the best efect mod i ever seen, but i have a problem with FPS droping..
İ read the read me and did wat it says..İ have use alone this mod but again it has the same results ..Bad fps..So is this normal or wat ?

Ahmsteen Wrote:İ want to thank you stuka ' effort, i really love it, its the best efect mod i ever seen, but i have a problem with FPS droping..
İ read the read me and did what it says..İ have use alone this mod but again it has the same results ..Bad fps..So is this normal or what ?

Well, thank you too, i wrote in read me file that his mod is not so FPS friendly , if you want more realostic effect, in games world it means more particles, smokes fires and 24 bits colored textures, and because the game engine is old it can't handel so many fires and smoke at the same time. i have tried to make them as FSP friendly as possible but if you decrease particle
amount the effect will lose the quality and will not be realistic!
It depends on your camputer and graphic card too if you have a camputer with good performance you will not lose som much
FSP, so it is your choice! Good and intensive effects whit bad FSP, or Bad and not intensive effects whit good FSP.

Serpiko Wrote:Just to let you know, this mod works with JSGME under UP 2.01. I tried it without any other effects mod, it changes some files which are also interested by ZutiMDS 1.13, but so far this hasn't caused any problem to me.

But remember, to make it work with JSGME, you first have to extract the .rar file to "...\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\jgmemods" folder. Then open the resulting "vas_stuka_40_FX" folder, create a new folder named "Files" and put everything else inside it.

Thank you for that news. Tongue 8)

İ am always be for all good effect side..i asked maybe i did wrong thing and saw that not...Thank you

Ahmsteen Wrote:İ am always be for all good effect side..i asked maybe i did wrong thing and saw that not...Thank you
Hi!
Asking is not wrong, i just tried to answer your question and explain to you why you get lower FPS.so keep going to ask
if you got other questions too. 8) 8)

do the craters just show up visually for the whole mission...or do they also give the effect of a/c losing their gear when going over them??

is there a way to isolate the long lasting craters from the other mods? which of the class files is related to this one?

fabianfred Wrote:do the craters just show up visually for the whole mission...or do they also give the effect of a/c losing their gear when going over them??

is there a way to isolate the long lasting craters from the other mods? which of the class files is related to this one?

+1

Permanent craters is a fantastic idea. Better with physical effects in game, for example, landing in a damaged airfield (craters on runway, etc).

fabianfred Wrote:do the craters just show up visually for the whole mission...or do they also give the effect of a/c losing their gear when going over them??

PA_Willy Wrote:+1

Permanent craters is a fantastic idea. Better with physical effects in game, for example, landing in a damaged airfield (craters on runway, etc).
It is only visuall mod (maybe if a 3D modeller adds collision hooks to crater msh file it will get that effect too).
If there is away to isolate from other mods i don't know, it depends which mod you are talking about, the class file is
Explosions.class

Thanks Stuka_40! fantastic Mod the best one i have seen yet...love the bomb explosion effects and it only has Minimal Frame rate drop nothing serious.
the only question i have is there any way to increase the height of the smoke coming from bombed out buildings? thanks again and keep up the great work.

Love this mod ( as stated earlier) but it doesn't seem to work ( crashes) in the new 4.10m SAS Modded version.This just might be my install, but it is pretty version & I did track it down to this particular mod...do you have any suggestions? Thanks! :roll:

Dietz Wrote:Love this mod ( as stated earlier) but it doesn't seem to work ( crashes) in the new 4.10m SAS Modded version.This just might be my install, but it is pretty version & I did track it down to this particular mod...do you have any suggestions? Thanks! :roll:
Well this mod is made for 4.09m beta and 4.09m it works fine with both, it is not tested with 4.10m, as i know many other mods with moded class files don't works either in 4.10m so i think it has maybe, someting to do with class files! and i have no idea what?
But if you have other effect mod with changed class files specially these class files it will not work

15E1127AE68FA29C
72DCDDF4D2AD25E8
B160819E84D1291E
DF2E6CCEA14288D6
specially the yellow one, so do a search if you have double copy of these files in other mods folders.

fender44 Wrote:Thanks Stuka_40! fantastic Mod the best one i have seen yet...love the bomb explosion effects and it only has Minimal Frame rate drop nothing serious.
the only question i have is there any way to increase the height of the smoke coming from bombed out buildings? thanks again and keep up the great work.

Thank you too, the problem is that the class files in this game are linked to each other so if you do changes smoewhere you notice that
you have to do changes in other files and so on and these changes are not so easy to do. the function that control fire and smoke in buildings
is designed to make a few seconds dust and smoke only (not fire)as default and it is depended on objacts msh file size dimensions,(if you adjust smoke and fire for example small objects you will lose smoke and fires proportions for big or medium objects) there is no separate funktions for different types of objects (only one function for all objects), i have done my best, because to have higher smokes means biger particle size and more particles per second and this will push the game engine to its limits and it will not able to handle so many fires and smokes at the same time!(smokes and fires are the worst FPS eater).

stuka_40 Wrote:
fender44 Wrote:Thanks Stuka_40! fantastic Mod the best one i have seen yet...love the bomb explosion effects and it only has Minimal Frame rate drop nothing serious.

Thank you too, the problem is that the class files in this game are linked to each other so if you do changes smoewhere you notice that
you have to do changes in other files and so on and these changes are not so easy to do. the function that control fire and smoke in buildings
is designed to make a few seconds dust and smoke only (not fire)as default and it is depended on objacts msh file size dimensions,(if you adjust smoke and fire for example small objects you will lose smoke and fires proportions for big or medium objects) there is no separate funktions for different types of objects (only one function for all objects), i have done my best, because to have higher smokes means biger particle size and more particles per second and this will push the game engine to its limits and it will not able to handle so many fires and smokes at the same time!(smokes and fires are the worst FPS eater).

Hi Stuka_40 the Mod is perfect the way it is, i was just curious that's all and your right smoke is a frame rate killer.............the fire and bomb effects are very real looking and makes this game even more enjoyable to play. I always liked the IL-2 series but felt it was always lacking in smoke and fire effects but you and the other modders have changed all that! i come on here everyday to see what else i can add to my game... Big Grin ...great job..

It's me again and I've been wondering about the readme. It says that the Uranium Pack has the ship effects, while at the same time it states that Uranium is incompatible! What should I do!?