stuka_40_FX_MOD

SILVERFOX23 Wrote:It's me again and I've been wondering about the readme. It says that the Uranium Pack has the ship effects, while at the same time it states that Uranium is incompatible! What should I do!?
This mod is not tested with 4.10, if you use 4.10, you must try yourself. well i have written in read me that:
#################################################################################
I know that many people uses Uranium effect pack so, because of it
i have mixed my
Fx pack with Aircraft and ships somke and fire effects part of Uranium pack.

#################################################################################

Stuka you have had so great mods, but this one is not at my expectations!

Fire times:
Trucks - 5 seconds
Trains - 1 second
Artillery - 1 second
House - 0.5 second
Stationary Aircraft - 0 seconds

Smoke times:
Trucks - 9 seconds
Trains - 3 seconds
Artillery - 5 seconds
House - 1 second

No bullet lights
No permanent craters

SILVERFOX23 Wrote:Stuka you have had so great mods, but this one is not at my expectations!

Fire times:
Trucks - 5 seconds
Trains - 1 second
Artillery - 1 second
House - 0.5 second

Smoke times:
Trucks - 9 seconds
Trains - 3 seconds
Artillery - 5 seconds
House - 1 second

No bullet lights
No permanent craters
THX, but somehow it seems that this mod is not working for you as it should, i can guess that you have double
class or effects files somwhere in your other mods that makes problem, because this mod has permanent fire and smoke in all
objects as i discribed in redme file, and it was tested in 4.09m and 4.09mbeta, so please read my answer to "panzerkeil" at first page.
Because this mod works for other peopel so it means that you have some kind of problem, as i said you must disable other effects
mod that has any of my mods class or effects files involved
(search for double class and effect files) else it was no meaning to make this mod! Confusedhock:

I've had re-occuring problems with this Mod in 4.10 and can only guess it is having problems with other effects mods already working,correct? Its a pity because it appears to work just fine in a very modded up 4.09 install.

Dietz Wrote:I've had re-occuring problems with this Mod in 4.10 and can only guess it is having problems with other effects mods already working,correct? Its a pity because it appears to work just fine in a very modded up 4.09 install.
Well, this is a 4.09 mod and not tested with 4.10!the problem could be the class files.

stuka_40 Wrote:
Dietz Wrote:I've had re-occuring problems with this Mod in 4.10 and can only guess it is having problems with other effects mods already working,correct? Its a pity because it appears to work just fine in a very modded up 4.09 install.
Well, this is a 4.09 mod and not tested with 4.10!the problem could be that you have double
class or effects files.

stuka_40 Wrote:
stuka_40 Wrote:
Well, this is a 4.09 mod and not tested with 4.10!the problem could be that you have double
class or effects files.
You are absolutely right...it is a superb Mod in 4.09m...hopefully there will be a 4.10m version someday... :wink:

It happened that the B-29 Silverplate was the issue...

So I can use the Uranium pack!

SILVERFOX23 Wrote:So I can use the Uranium pack!
If you mean together with my pack no, you can't because the Uranium pack contains many parts and effcts files, i have changed
almost all of them only the aircraft and ship effects are not changed but as i explained in read me file
the aircraft and ship
effect parts of Uranium pack are included in my pack.
because the other effect files are changed and additional effects were
added in class files in my pack, so if you use Uranium pack or other effect packs or as well single effects that involves the same
effect files in my pack the game will not work or you will get strang or wrong effects, i hope this helps you to decide.

Hi stuka_40,

I am enjoying your FX mod...especially the look from your torpedo explosion.
To me, it is exactly as in pictures from real life found on the internet and youtube. Big Grin

The very fast release of the energy from the warhead was done beautifully.

Can I make one request?
Is there a way I can reduce the time alive for the small flak bursts thrown up from the aaa of ships? My guess is they are from the 40mm bofors and 25 mm rifles. These really bring my computer to its knees.

My computer is not a high end machine, and flying mostly in the Pacific lately, blowing up ships is my joy after a long work day. :mrgreen:

Thank You, HJ

Hey_Joe Wrote:Hi stuka_40,

I am enjoying your FX mod...especially the look from your torpedo explosion.
To me, it is exactly as in pictures from real life found on the internet and youtube. Big Grin

The very fast release of the energy from the warhead was done beautifully.

Can I make one request?
Is there a way I can reduce the time alive for the small flak bursts thrown up from the aaa of ships? My guess is they are from the 40mm bofors and 25 mm rifles. These really bring my computer to its knees.

My computer is not a high end machine, and flying mostly in the Pacific lately, blowing up ships is my joy after a long work day. :mrgreen:

Thank You, HJ
Hi
If you mean the lasting smoke time from ships flaks( white smoke)go to
MODS\vas_stuka_40_FX\Effects\Explodes\Air\Zenitka\USSR_25mm and open SmokeBoiling.eff with notepad and change LiveTime value(in second) from 15.0 to your desired value, save and exit. The default game value is 5.0.

Quote:Hi
If you mean the lasting smoke time from ships flaks( white smoke)go to MODS\vas_stuka_40_FX\Effects\Explodes\Air\Zenitka\USSR_25mm and open SmokeBoiling.eff with notepad and change LiveTime value(in second) from 15.0 to your desired value, save and exit. The default game value is 5.0.

I gave this a try, but it didn't work out on my end. Me thinks its most likely due to the some of the other mods I have installed. At the moment there's quite a mix.

Eventually what shortened the display was copying the contents from USSR_25mm folder from the Uranium pack and pasting those over what was in yours.
is this the correct thing to do?...I don't know.

With the short time I've had experimenting, by adding files to my mods folder, I've seen some strange things happen. Most of which are probably from conflicts.

Keeping the files structure process in mind is the key....it isn't the easiest for me, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Idea

Thanks stuka_40

Hey_Joe Wrote:
Quote:Hi
If you mean the lasting smoke time from ships flaks( white smoke)go to MODS\vas_stuka_40_FX\Effects\Explodes\Air\Zenitka\USSR_25mm and open SmokeBoiling.eff with notepad and change LiveTime value(in second) from 15.0 to your desired value, save and exit. The default game value is 5.0.

I gave this a try, but it didn't work out on my end. Me thinks its most likely due to the some of the other mods I have installed. At the moment there's quite a mix.

Eventually what shortened the display was copying the contents from USSR_25mm folder from the Uranium pack and pasting those over what was in yours.
is this the correct thing to do?...I don't know.

With the short time I've had experimenting, by adding files to my mods folder, I've seen some strange things happen. Most of which are probably from conflicts.

Keeping the files structure process in mind is the key....it isn't the easiest for me, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Idea

Thanks stuka_40
If you have other effects mods or effects packs my mod will not work! Copying the contents from USSR_25mm folder from the Uranium
pack and pasting those over what was in mine is not ok !because inside the effects files they may refer to other .mat which can poit to another
.tga file.You can disable all your mods (put a "-" sign in front of its folder) then you can activate them one at a time, start the game and
check which one causing the problem.

Quote:(put a "-" sign in front of its folder) then you can activate them one at a time, start the game and
check which one causing the problem.

Eureka! I finally have your fx pack working correctly...the live time's new value of 5.0 from 15.0 is ok also. Smile

My problem was having a cinema fx's loaded in my mods folder. Seems as if these, plus yours were too much for my system to handle, or possibly a conflict.

At any rate, now the stuka_40_FX_MOD runs, and looks outstanding.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this stuka_40. :wink:

Thanks, HJ