FM testing utilities

Here are some links to some flight model testing utilities that I have collected over the years. For some of them the web sites no longer exist (read not supported). For those that are still active I provided the link to their web site, for those that are no longer active I uploaded a copy of it to my web site for download. Note if anyone has an updated link let me know and Ill update the link here to their web site.

LesniHU's auto pilot

UDPGraph

UDPSpeed

UDPTest

UDPTrack

PS I have not used all of these utilities, some I just tried out, others like LesniHU's I have used a lot.

On that note for those interested in doing real time flight testing you will need LesniHU auto pilot program. You can set up a flight test using script files at which point LesniHU auto pilot program will fly the plane for you per the test you set up in the script file. The script files can be shared between users to produce a 'standardized' test method. This is the original IL2 3rd party auto pilot that many have tried to improve upon but all have failed.

The way I use it is to first set up a script file for LesniHU's auto pilot program to fly the plane. As the auto pilot flys I record a track file. Once the test is over I replay the track file and use my own data logger to log the data into a file format my MATLAB scripts can read in. But you could use one of the other data loggers listed above to log the data into a file in the format you choose. Than if you don't have MATLAB you could use EXCEL to graph the data.

Enjoy

Great stuff, thanks for sharing this ace!

Best regards - Mike

Thanks for this Ace I put it up here in Announcements in the
FM forum as not to get lost below.

Deutschmark