About RAF markings...

Hi gents, I have a little doubt and maybe someone can give me a hint.

Since I have a Spitfire (Italeri) kit and a Tempest (Academy) kit, both 1/72, I'm wondering: could their RAF roundels be exchangeable? Or are Tempest wing roundels supposed to be larger/smaller than Spitfire ones?

I ask this because the Tempest kit only provides 1945 wing roundels (which have a white band between red and blue), but I'd like to realize an earlier model with invasion stripes and red-blue wing roundels.

(In the meanwhile, I keep myself busy with a Dora Smile )

Thanks!

The first thing is that the schema of the plane that you look you would like to paint, and the second documented once you can see yourself whether or not the exchange of rosettes is correct...

I will recommend you buy a new decals that EAGLES sell sheet

Best regards

ALLIA29 Wrote:The first thing is that the schema of the plane that you look you would like to paint, and the second documented once you can see yourself whether or not the exchange of rosettes is correct...

I will recommend you buy a new decals that EAGLES sell sheet

Best regards

I'm looking for references about the Tempest here: http://www.hawkertempest.se/ColoursMarkings.htm

I already considered buying a new decal sheet, but the fact is they're not easy to find, unless you order them from the other side of the world!

Most Tempest kits come with the decals for Pierre Cloistermann's "Le Grand Charles". That's a beautiful bird, but it's a 1945 plane, while my favourite RAF Paintscheme is the post-invasion 1944 type, with invasion stripes on the belly.

Should I paint invasion stripes on "Le Grand Charles", I'd probably end up under siege by an angry mob of modelers with forks and torches! :mrgreen: