Performance Comparison HSFX4.1x P-47D

see www.flightsimtesting.com

Confusedhock:

Wow! The late stock -27 is a monster, according to this! That doesn't seem to jive with what I have read about the official specs of the historical plane.

In the light of what we have seen with the Mustang, this is even more surprising by comparison. It also seems to be different than the reports of many IL-2 pilots, being that they have reported sluggish jugs in their experience.

Fireskull

see www.flightsimtesting.com

I LOVE my Jug.
So few sim pilots take the time to truly learn each models individual flight characteristics, that most pilots that come up against me when I'm in a Jug think that I'm in a dog.
Then I come screaming at them in a dive at more than 550mph, hit fast and climb back up to 30k + ft leaving them to wonder what the heck just happened.

Each Jug has a different alt where they come 'ALIVE'.

As for Oleg giving us the N when he gave us the 27 late......
The D27 Late is actually closer to the M and that is exactly what the P-47D27 Late was re-designated/converted to.
The P-47D22 - D27 maxes out at about 435mph TAS at 30,000 ft.
The P-47D27 Late/M maxes out at about 470mph TAS at 30,000 ft.
The P-47N maxes out at about 467mph TAS at 32,500 ft.

S!

Sources cited: 'P-47 Thunderbolt at War', Cory Graff
'Republic Aviation Archives'

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:I LOVE my Jug.
So few sim pilots take the time to truly learn each models individual flight characteristics, that most pilots that come up against me when I'm in a Jug think that I'm in a dog.
Then I come screaming at them in a dive at more than 550mph, hit fast and climb back up to 30k + ft leaving them to wonder what the heck just happened.

Each Jug has a different alt where they come 'ALIVE'.

As for Oleg giving us the N when he gave us the 27 late......
The D27 Late is actually closer to the M and that is exactly what the P-47D27 Late was re-designated/converted to.
The P-47D22 - D27 maxes out at about 435mph TAS at 30,000 ft.
The P-47D27 Late/M maxes out at about 470mph TAS at 30,000 ft.
The P-47N maxes out at about 467mph TAS at 32,500 ft.

S!

Sources cited: 'P-47 Thunderbolt at War', Cory Graff
'Republic Aviation Archi es'

Confusedhock:

I would like to see more Mustang worshipers remember these specs. :twisted:

Fireskull Smile