Pilot Leaning Forward For All P-40s

I recently installed the P-40E mod. Besides changing the looks of the airplane, it added a neat little bonus. The pilot leans forward in a very realistic way. Not like a stiff, upright stature, like on all of the other planes. I don't remember who thye modder is, but nice work. Love it.
But, why, I thought , shouldn't it work for all of the P-40s? Well, it does.
After some experimentation (I'm new to this) I figured it out. I went into the P-40E file and found ,"Head1_DO.msh", and "Pilot1_DO.msh." I copied these and then opened up my P-40K file. P-40K/3DO/PLANE. I found the two matching files and saved them, then replaced them with the two copies from [Image: grab0000.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.usthe P-40E. I started Il-2 and crossed my fingers. As you can see, it works great.
One thing, though. I saw that the seatbelt was suspended in midair behind the pilot. I went looking for it,a bd found what I thought might be it. "Pilot1_D1.msh." It wasn't, so I put it back into my P-40K. Started Il-2, picked tyhe P-40K...and the seatbelt was gone. Makes no sense, but the screenshot is proof. So just pull out "Pilot1_D1.msh, and make it the last entry in the Plane file. Naturally save everything you change, just in case. But if it worked for me, don't see why it shouldn't work for everybody.

Very cool, first baby step to modding playing
With the files to find out what they do. Smile

Deutschmark

"D" files such as Pilot1_D1 are damage meshes. Used by the game when say the pilot is shot, along with a few lines in the hier.him makes the game replace the mesh with the specified one, in the pilots case it is Pilot1_D1, Dead.