1:48 FW-190A8 by Hasegawa

Hi all, I though I'd better contribute something to this community which has given me so much over the years, so here goes. I've done some smaller miniatures but his is my first proper attempt at an aircraft as well as my first use of an airbrush.

It doesn't compare with most of the stuff on here but I'm more or less happy with it. That said I've learned a LOT of lessons for my next build (the sharp eyed amoung you may notice my errm... 'custon faded' canopy)

As far as the kit goes the quality was descent, and quite fun to build, typical of Hasegawa I believe. I must admit I had a bit of trouble trying to get the right wing halves to come together at the tip, took all my tricks and still looks shoddy!

Unfortunately the decals all come out great except for the cross on the right wing, which is a bit bubbly. If someone could tell me how to stop that from happening I would give you many points Big Grin

My next project will likely be the Focke-Wulfs partner in crime, a late war 109. Ill put it up if it ever gets done

Thanks for reading, post your comments!

[Image: DSC01603.jpg]

[Image: DSC01602.jpg]

[Image: DSC01605.jpg]

Congratulations,

Nice work !!!!

That is a very beautiful model!

Nice work!

a beautiful work, if Mr...

I have a few recommendations that are easy to make and that in a forthcoming model may help help.

You have to look always all boards the plane will be well disguised, take a rough grain 600 grit and sand, but later spend another 1000 grain, and so until you are no joints to view...

Not be long you do this, but I think you have great talent and if you still exploiting your skills as a modeller, you can reach makes it very, very good models.

I've noticed that the canopy is you to become white non-transparent, that is because she has stuck it with the same glue of the aircraft, you should never do this if you don't want you to pass the same, the glue that you must use is MICRO CRISTAL white-tailed

Of the decals can only be avoided by doing the following.

Always use to put the decals, glossy varnish, so that it is a surface more smooth as possible, the following is having two ultra products needed, "MICRO SET and MICRO SOL" these two liquids are applied before and after placing the decals, always with great care, because you can ruin the decal, since its role is the of soften the decal for best suited to the surface of the aircraft, and if you have even left some bubbles, you expect that dry out everything and with a stick of cotton for the ears, you're giving passes until you see that no longer..always with much care and touch

Any doubt, ask to my

Greetings from a fellow Modeller

Very good 8)

Planemad

Cheers guys, and thankyou Allia for the tips

As well as all your advice I will try out a few more weathering techniques on the next one now that I've had a go at the basics.

I also saw the video you put up on Micro Set/Sol too, very good, I will buy some of that!

Great piece of work Big Grin