CK WW1 New SE5A

Wow....Deutsch, you've done it yet again! That is one sweet-looking bird.

PhineasPhule Wrote:Wow....Deutsch, you've done it yet again! That is one sweet-looking bird.

Well thank you, as for the 3D work BUT
The skin work credit goes to the CK team texture artiest.

Deutschmark

Yes it's very nice especially if it can run on a low spec machine/DX9 card.

Ok correct me if I'm mistaken again but remember the film Aces High? When you see them flying the SE5 in that film stick isn't hooped but just a pole with grips, a button ontop and a lever you can pull; obviously one for the lewis gun and the other for the Vickers gun.

I believe allied planes favoures these joystick like controls whereas the germans favoured hooped rings.

My friend, I know you mean well and all, but never go by a Hollywood movie
They never get things right... Smile
Here is one of the many photos I went by when making this model, this photo
Is of the SE5A cockpit of a real rebuilt one that is in flying condition in a museum
In England and they do fly it and they only rebuild their planes to the way they really
Where back then.

[Image: SE5AStick.jpg]

Deutschmark

I would never get used to those kind of controls, seem odd feeling to me

Deutschmark Wrote:My friend, I know you mean well and all, but never go by a Hollywood movie
They never get things right... Smile
Here is one of the many photos I went by when making this model, this photo
Is of the SE5A cockpit of a real rebuilt one that is in flying condition in a museum
In England and they do fly it and they only rebuild their planes to the way they really
Where back then.

[Image: SE5AStick.jpg]

Deutschmark
I love that plane. I have VSF and i downloaded the latest aircraft , Fly baby and boy, does it look good. So, these screenshots are nothing compared to when we finally can see thes planes in action. It is hard to take a screenshot that shows the cockpit like it is in real....
Littlebit OT:
And i can't wait to see the new damagemodelling. I hope that VSF will have also a decent damagemodelling and better explosions in future. At the moment they are just 2d sprites mostly. VSF deserves better effects, like in Canvas Knight... maybe not as sophisticated, but something better than these annoying sprites.
I have played with Deutchmarks VSF WW1 planes and even those are amazingly well done. I think that we will have tons of fun with CK.
I'm waiting it more than SOW.... I'm kinda tired to have yet another BOB game. With no modding possibilities whatsoever.
kap

Am glad you are enjoying VSF and the WW1 planes I did for VSF Kap,
But these CK planes are far above them old VSF ones much more detail
3D models, new pilots and they have new high-res texturing as well.

Deutschmark

Good work guys and happy new year .
I wait this sim Big Grin

Deutschmark Wrote:Am glad you are enjoying VSF and the WW1 planes I did for VSF Kap,
But these CK planes are far above them old VSF ones much more detail
3D models, new pilots and they have new high-res texturing as well.

Deutschmark
I know... Can't wait!!!
kap

Very nice models all of them . Very good work