4.10m Generic Mod Activator (Self Installer)

Does your Generic Mod Activator work similar to the original Sound Mod?

In other words is it just a basic mod activator allowing the user to add individual mods and deciding which mods to enable or disable?

I have had nothing but problems with the inception of the History Mod. I can't turn off any mod individually to see which one is causing the problem or problems I am having when running the game. Stock game has no problems regardless of video, sound or config.ini settings. With the History mod enabled my machine locks up anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour while playing the quick mission builder. Symptoms are loss of video signal to the monitor, sound goes into a continuous loop, keyboard and mouse function are lost although the usb keyboard and usb wired mouse are still lit up. I have to forcibly power down the machine and then turn it on.

I used to run in perfect mode and water 3 but with the advent of HSFX I had to reduce some game settings. I get nothing but computer lock ups with HSFX 5. I no longer play the game. Sad

Thanks.

The package I put together was based on the SAS mod activator. I just put it into a self installer and added other mods to it via the JSGME.

You problem sounds more like a graphics card issue though. You may want to check for the latest drivers and also clean the fan & heatsink for the card.
I had similar problems some time ago when the mods started and it turned out to be a combination of bad drivers, overheating and not enough ram in my system.
Since then I have installed 16mb ram on my MB with another 16mb on a card, updated all drivers (Motherboard and Video) and thoroughly cleaned the fans/heatsinks and reapplied new thermal paste.

No problems since.

S!

60% CTD plz help! how do u uninstall? :evil:

spitfire1 Wrote:60% CTD plz help! how do u uninstall? :evil:

Need to know what mods you've installed for starts.
Then we can work from there.

S!