4.10m Generic Mod Activator (Self Installer)

Gents,

Due to popular demand, I will be posting detailed instructions here over this weekend on how to Install, Setup and Mod your 4.10m installation.
I will also be posting converted cockpit packs, effects and other goodies to help get you started until we have an official Mod pack available.

The packs I will be submitting are in no way my own, I've just made them work with 4.10 or found them other places and will be posting them here for you so you don't have to look all over the countryside to get your 4.10m mod fix. :mrgreen:

Step 1:First thing you need to do is have a VANILLIA copy of 4.10m on your machine.
That means NO MODS AT ALL!!!! Not UP's switcher stuff or anything. Just plain, out of the box, 4.10m

Step 2: Download the Generic Mod Activator+JSGME Pack for 4.10m: Mod Activator

Once you have it, run the exe and point it to your IL-2 1946 4.10m root folder.

Step 3: D/L the Bomber Cockpit Pack: Bomber Cockpits
Extract all the folders and place them into your MODS Folder in IL-2 1946.

Pack includes the JSGME from Jones Soft.
Hud Config Pal from Bentimuso with Gauges from {HVY}Bolter
Mini Nav Map w/ No Map Frame from FlyZo
Smaller Fonts (By me, but others had done it first)
Hankenkruz Enabler (Don't know who did this)
Bomber Cockpits from Mr. Jolly, Rawners, Lt. Wolf, Monguse and others
Base Mod Activator from SAS (Cirx, Charlie Chap)

You may have to edit the JSGME.ini to point to the correct directory you use for your JSGME.exe.

Hope you enjoy.
Will post other patches as I convert/test them with 4.10m

Enjoy
S!

***updated 26 Jan 11***

Hi!

Sorry, guess I did not understand. Does it mean that I can use all the HSFX Mods in JSGME together with 4.10m after running this pack?
:roll:

Thanks for your attention!

Not all of them. That's why I and others are testing and releasing packs that are compatible with 4.10 and JSGME.

You can try some of your mods from the JSGME in your HSFX game and put them into the JSGME in your SAS Activated game and test them if you like.

The file structures are the same, but due to class file changes from 4.09m to 4.10m, any modes that contain Class files may have ADVERSE effects on your game and cause it to crash.

Let us know what mods you find that work and which ones don't work.

Also keep checking back as I will be releasing a bunch of the old pits from back in the AAA, Unified Installer days that I've been tesing for compatibility with 4.10.

S!

Love this Mod, but when first installed it seemed to turn off all my sounds in the sim...I seem to remember there is a simple fix for this , but its been a while since I did it on the 4.09m install, can someone be of help so I don't have to reinstall everything? Thank-you!

Thank's for posting the 4.10 version. Big Grin

Dietz Wrote:Love this Mod, but when first installed it seemed to turn off all my sounds in the sim...I seem to remember there is a simple fix for this , but its been a while since I did it on the 4.09m install, can someone be of help so I don't have to reinstall everything? Thank-you!

Dietz,

Pls post a "Snap Shot" of your MODS folder and the mods you have activated via JSGME.

You may just have something that is conflicting or out of order.

S!

Thanks all you who take your time to explain this. Will try today.

Best Regards,
Nimrod

Updated with JSGME & Mod Pack 1.

S!

Tried the mod. Doesnt work. Game crashed halfway..

Am I installing it wrong?

gpang788 Wrote:Tried the mod. Doesnt work. Game crashed halfway..

Am I installing it wrong?
How many % does it load before the crash?

All works for me apart from 6DOF. I get the main three but not XYZ. Not a major problem as I only really used the Z axis to look closely at the instruments.

At least now I can fly the big bombers again..

Roblex Wrote:All works for me apart from 6DOF. I get the main three but not XYZ.
4.09m didn't have 6DoF. 4.10m doesn't have 6DoF, as a decision by TD. 6DoF was modded into 4.09m, so it'll have to be modded into 4.10m in the same way... hopefully soon.

It crashed after about 10 secs ingame

JAMF Wrote:
Roblex Wrote:All works for me apart from 6DOF. I get the main three but not XYZ.
4.09m didn't have 6DoF. 4.10m doesn't have 6DoF, as a decision by TD. 6DoF was modded into 4.09m, so it'll have to be modded into 4.10m in the same way... hopefully soon.

The JSGME file Jinx provided has:-

00_PAL-HUDConfig Ver4.10m
01_TrackIr 6Dof 4.10m
02_NavmapNoFrame
03_SmallerFonts
04_Hakenkruz Enabler

I would think it fair to assume he would not include the mod unless he expected it to work which is why I mentioned that it does not work for me.

Anyone knows how to make Tiger's sound mod work using this mod?