[TUTORIAL] Planemad's Skinning with GIMP 2.6 Tutorial

As I see your problem, you are exporting it. Once you have finished your skin, convert it to 256 colour, then save it as a .bmp, there is no need to export it

Hopefully now it should work :Smile)

Awesome looking skin by the way :Smile)

Planemad

UHm thats what i tried in the first place but i get an error report from gimp looking like this:
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2013/1111dz.jpg

So what it says is it is only able to SAVE using save as like GIMP XCF file and that i should use export to be able to use another format.... so yeah that's not good.

Oh and , Thanks :3 hihihi.

So you index it, then save, thats all you need to do, just call it what you like an write .bmp at the end 8)

Planemad

Yes thats what i do but i get that error message then, so the only way to save it in .bmp format is to use export.

Im using GIMP 2.8 if it matters.

calantlar Wrote:I'm using GIMP 2.8 if it matters.

Hmmm, that could be the problem, maybe 2.8 is buggy at the moment?

I still have 2.6, could be why you get the error,

Planemad

Uh yeah does anyone have alink to 2.6 because when i google i only find very suspicous links and sites ..

To be sure you can scan the file with your antivirus software before installing it

All older version of Gimp here !
Arrow http://www.filehippo.com/download_the_gimp/4733/

Thanks i will attempt that later on then c:

Itried with 2.6 but it still wont show up, im saving in bmp after indexing soo yeah i have no idea why but it wont work?

Hmmm, that is very strange :?:

Looks like you are doing everything correctly, and you followed it step by step?

Planemad

I got it to work! i went back to gimp 2.8 and when exporting i when to compatability options and enabled "do not write clolor space information" and viola works!!! Smile thanks for helping me troubleshoot! c: