[TUTORIAL] Planemad's Skinning with GIMP 2.6 Tutorial

kidler Wrote:How do i add text to the picture
With the text tool which is the "A" in the toolbox.

Ya i saw it but when i dont know how to cpoty the text and do so it upside down .

kidler Wrote:How do i add text to the picture

What Cnopicilin said :wink: Cheers mate :Smile)

kidler Wrote:Ya i saw it but when i dont know how to cpoty the text and do so it upside down .

Create a new text box (The size, font and colours will be the same) like on the one before. Then use the Flip or Rotate tool to rotate it, and to move it you the move tool, the one with the arrows pointing left, right, up and down

[Image: tools.jpg]

Hope that answers your question :Smile)

Planemad

how do u make all the black dots and wethering?

Russ_Ace Wrote:how do u make all the black dots and wethering?

For weathering I use the Galaxy Brush, But you could also use template, e.g. make the skin than all the weathering.

Black Dots?

Planemad

i think there called panel lines, they look like bolts or screws that hold the frame together?

If you follow the instructing the should be there, or you could also use a template and just add the rivets to you skin.

Planemad

thanks for all your help and the tutorial, it realy helped me with my b-29

No problem mate :Smile)

Will you post a pic?

Planemad

Here's a tip I learned the hard way recently.

ALWAYS save as ".xcf" until you are done so if the application ever closed you still have the layers separated, otherwise if a crash happens and you were working on it still as ".bmp" all the layers will be merged when you try to reopen it and you will have to start all over again. if you want to view it in the game to see how it looks, go ahead and merge layers and convert to index 256 and save as ".bmp", when you're done viewing go back to GIMP, and press ctrl+z twice to undo index 256 and layer merge and go to "save as" and rewrite the extension to ".xcf" and then continue working.

trust me it's worth a few extra seconds of your time. when my my GIMP crashed when I was working on Mig-9 skins and I had to do it all over again, I almost literally beat myself for not doing this.

doesn't work for me skin isn't selectable ingame :c help!

calantlar Wrote:doesn't work for me skin isn't selectable ingame :c help!

Have you saved it in the correct place, or have you saved it as a .bmp?

Does it show up, or not at all?

Planemad

Planemad Wrote:
calantlar Wrote:doesn't work for me skin isn't selectable ingame :c help!

Have you saved it in the correct place, or have you saved it as a .bmp?

Does it show up, or not at all?

Planemad

i have it Indexed to 256 with a single merged layer and exported as a .BMP with no special settings applyed.

It's not even selectable ingame like it doesn't exist.
and i copied a void and edited so it's saved in the correct one.

Could you post a screenshot of the problem as every seams to be normal... :-?

Planemad

Not much to screenshot ,,, but ill send you the steps i take because really it's not giving a error report or whatnot.

1. convert to 256 col
[Image: 51807601.jpg]

2. export
[Image: 13009561.jpg]

3. exporting as a bmp
[Image: 111ran.jpg]