How will CK stand out?

dogz Wrote:I've slowly noticed some more things about ROF, well nearly every sim will have it's perks and so but so far this is the only one that deals with prop wash....
The weight of the planes an important factor; Camel's are quite unstable and a fairly light plane for its time, so I guess a bulky alby could easily knock it about.

Well dogz, I think I would give up prop wash to be able to drive a tank, battle ship, u boat,
Armored car be in a observation balloon control a AA gun or machine gun nest, have you
Been able to do any of that yet with your other sim... O and by the way I don't think the Discovery
Chancel Civilisation would agree with you about how unstable the Camel is, these two voids
Are a look at the Camel and Fokker Dr1 just look at them and hear to what they say about the
Stability of the Camel.

Part 1;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg-Fb-oJ ... re=related
Part 2;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANybvecg ... re=related

Am not saying the Camel was the most stable plane in the world but it sure was not as unstable
As your trying to make it out to be, and the Camel in these voids is using a real rotary motor.

Deutschmark

Very interesting video there DM :Smile)

Planemad

Personally I'm not very fond of the discovery channel, always so much I disagree with them and they usually care more for drama than getting their facts right.

Still, frankly I tend to find the Dr1 harder to fly than the Camel (just not in ROF anyway), but it's more forgiving in a stall, Camel spins ruthlessly and you need a lot of alt to recover unlike the Dr1, at least when you make a mistake in the Dr1 you can recovery more quickly and easily.

Anyhow prop wash would be a great touch to add, and it should affect all planes differently.

Have you read McCudden's book? A gust of wind knocked his SE5a 100 feet in the air once, then another knocked him back down 100 ft.

dogz Wrote:Personally I'm not very fond of the discovery channel, always so much I disagree with them and they usually care more for drama than getting their facts right.

Still, frankly I tend to find the Dr1 harder to fly than the Camel (just not in ROF anyway), but it's more forgiving in a stall, Camel spins ruthlessly and you need a lot of alt to recover unlike the Dr1, at least when you make a mistake in the Dr1 you can recovery more quickly and easily.

Anyhow prop wash would be a great touch to add, and it should affect all planes differently.

Have you read McCudden's book? A gust of wind knocked his SE5a 100 feet in the air once, then another knocked him back down 100 ft.

In CK the Dr1 is a hands on plane as well not something you would let go of
Your joystick to light up a smoke, also in CK wind is a factor and does it
Thing on planes, I once put a Camel into a strong head wind and was just
About stoped in the air and when I put the wind to my back I was going
Like the devil.

Deutschmark