Help with OLC FPS Boost V2

Hi all, first post here so please bear with me. Big Grin

I came across this thread by pure chance and like the idea of compression to increase FPS.

I recently installed IL2-1946 patched to 4.09 with UP2.01 on top.

I've downloaded this mod but I'm a bit unsure where to put it. On the first page it says drop it directly into the MODS folder in the root of the IL-2 install, but a couple of post above this it says create a Files folder in jsgme...

If placed in the MODS folder the full structure reads:

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/MODS/OLC FPS Boost V2/Effects/clouds/

However, if placed in JSGME, and with the Files folder manually added (shown in italics) it reads:

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/jsgmemods/OLC FPS Boost V2/Files/Effects/clouds/

Please can someone clarify this for me.

Cheers guys!
Phoenix40

Wait , i dont understand so much , if u got more FPS , the less lagg or more lagg?

kidler Wrote:Wait , i dont understand so much , if u got more FPS , the less lagg or more lagg?

Frame Rate = Graphics Card Speed, CPU Speed, etc

Lagg = Deals with Network Packet loss and ping times.

S!

Phoenix40 Wrote:Hi all, first post here so please bear with me. Big Grin

I came across this thread by pure chance and like the idea of compression to increase FPS.

I've downloaded this mod but I'm a bit unsure where to put it. On the first page it says drop it directly into the MODS folder in the root of the IL-2 install, but a couple of post above this it says create a Files folder in jsgme...

However, if placed in JSGME, and with the Files folder manually added (shown in italics) it reads:

Cheers guys!
Phoenix40

Hello, Phoenix40

First of all WELCOME! Smile ...glad to see that you found our website.

I am sending someone to help you. ( Very busy I am Wink )

Fireskull

Fireskull Wrote:
Phoenix40 Wrote:Hi all, first post here so please bear with me. Big Grin

Cheers guys!
Phoenix40

Hello, Phoenix40

First of all WELCOME! Smile ...glad to see that you found our website.

I am sending someone to help you. ( Very busy I am Wink )

Fireskull

Phoenix,

The reason for the two install methods is the JSGME. If you want to be able to activate/de-activate the mod whenever you want with JSGME, then you have to change the file structure of the mod. Fireskull and I put together a full tutorial here: Adding mods to the JSGME.

Hopefully that will explain everything to you in detail.

S!

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:
kidler Wrote:Wait , i dont understand so much , if u got more FPS , the less lagg or more lagg?

S!

i dont mean lagg like that i mean cuase of the graphic the games lagg and i am offline.

kidler Wrote:
{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:

S!

i dont mean lagg like that i mean cuase of the graphic the games lagg and i am offline.

Moved to it's own topic as it no longer deals with D/Ling the mod.

Do you mean 'Frame Rate Stutter'?

Stuttering problems are mostly caused by a lack of system/GPU memory which in turn cause a lot more disk access. This causes the game to stutter or freeze intermittently while the game reads the drive for the next piece of graphics data, plots location etc.

If you can post your system's specs, Swap file size and a copy of your conf.ini, we may be able to help you speed it up slightly.

S!