[MOD] P47D Razorback Cockpits by Poncho (1-26-11)

Ok so sorry, they look similar, but that's normal for similar pit!

I am sorry for my terse reply to your call for ethics. It was just the word "original" that ticked me off- since the model that freddy retextured was mine (and Taurus') original design. But I suppose the true original design belongs to the fellow that actually made the in game model, flawed as it was.

Thanks for the new cockpit Poncho. It's really nice work. While playing in 16 bit compression I noticed a couple things though: there's lines above the left front panel and a small line to the right of the back iron sight. Also, the front iron sight is visible through the windscreen bar when back lit by the reticle - this happens regardless of any texture compression. Not exactly big issues, but I thought you might want to know. Thanks again for all your work.
[Image: il2fb2011-02-2523-14-29-64copy.jpg]
[Image: il2fb2011-02-2610-02-51-89copy.jpg]

Thanks for finding these problems Steppenwolf, I will fix them for the final version. BTW your screenshots look great, is this because of 16 bit compression?

Thanks, but I'm not sure. I guess it's just my Nvidia settings and the CRT monitor I was playing on. I don't use Gama or anything. The compression is to change the horizon line when I fly with no clouds. It gives a nice gradual haze without that weird 360 degree band of cloud when set to poor weather, but it does lessen the detail a bit. Looking forward to the final version.

Poncho....I have followed this thread forever, keenly awaiting the completed version. I just love the P-47 and even now when you look at the stock version 4.101 of Il2, the interior is, in a word, 'tragic'.

Is there any chance that this will be completed in the near future?

Cheers, MP

Hi Poncho, I'll join Mysticpuma's request, can you give us some info on the status of these beauties? Please??

Once more to the breach dear friends! Any news.....please?

Cheers, MP

Is it possible to have an open canopy?