Thread Closed

[MAP MOD] B-29 Alley

PLEASE READ - This isn't my Map, but a number of poeple have not been able to access the original thread. B-29 Alley was made by delvpier. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the idea seeing at the incredible new cockpit for B29 made by Ranwers

I thought it was a pitty we cannot fly from Saipan or Tinian to Nagasaki

... so I made a simple merge of four maps, Japan, Okinawa, IwoJima, Marianas... for those who like long distance flights

[Image: B29_Alley.jpg]

Official download link:

DOWNLOAD B-29 Alley Map

Objects are the same than in original maps (simple merge) except for IwoJima for which I had to take off some things (no more airfields...) for technical reasons...

Please, don't tell me about wrong relative positions... it is fictionnal, but I tried to keep some reality

IMPORTANT: remember that in case you can't save a mission in FMB with this map, you can fix the problem by deleting (builder.PLMisDestruction) line in bldconf.ini. Don't try to open the map in unlocked FMB... even with an empty actors.static, it's to heavy for memory... you'll get a crash.

Enjoy :Smile)

Thanks for the new thread!

Snip snip :wink:

Corrected, thanks Cnopicilin :Smile)

Planemad

i've heard of MiG Alley but not b29 alley

RadPig94 Wrote:i've heard of MiG Alley but not b29 alley

It's just what DV called it when he put it together.
It's a combination of 3 or 4 maps spliced together so that we could fly the B-29 from Saipan to Okinawa Japan for bomb runs.
Takes quite a while to fly a B-29 that far and is really a lot of fun if the mission is setup right but may cause some issues for people with lower end systems.

S!

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:
RadPig94 Wrote:i've heard of MiG Alley but not b29 alley

It's just what DV called it when he put it together.
It's a combination of 3 or 4 maps spliced together so that we could fly the B-29 from Saipan to Okinawa Japan for bomb runs.
Takes quite a while to fly a B-29 that far and is really a lot of fun if the mission is setup right but may cause some issues for people with lower end systems.

S!
hmm, i would more than likely have that problem. a B-52 would sure be of help, get there in no time and drop bombs higher and earlier Wink

Hey Planemad,

do you have another link? I cant read phonetic russian lol
also if i could understand it, the site wants me to download a random zip file with all sorts of other junk
if you could help it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

dday

dday87654 Wrote:Hey Planemad,

do you have another link? I cant read phonetic russian lol
also if i could understand it, the site wants me to download a random zip file with all sorts of other junk
if you could help it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

dday
+1 !

Good day everyone, I am locking this thread until a new link is put into place.

I know a lot of you have had problems with the files and it being in Russian, all I did was copy every thing from the original thread over to this thread, I know B-29 Alley is in Ultra@Pack, so i'll find it and re-upload it.

Planemad

Planemad Wrote:Good day everyone, I am locking this thread until a new link is put into place.

I know a lot of you have had problems with the files and it being in Russian, all I did was copy every thing from the original thread over to this thread, I know B-29 Alley is in Ultra@Pack, so i'll find it and re-upload it.

Planemad

Planemad,

I had already uploaded this to Filefront. Who changed the link I created?

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:Planemad,

I had already uploaded this to Filefront. Who changed the link I created?

Check your PM's

Planemad
Thread Closed