Trees in the water

Hi there, just been trying out the map for beginners v3. Awesome tutorial, i just keep getting trees in my water whenever i do a new map.I tried doing the same island twice and same thing. Any ideas why/how this happens

[Image: trees.jpg]

cheers
oc ruds

it's a swamp called Houston Big Grin

I also started that tutorial yesterday and fiddled around with the Unlocked FMB and was wondering how to edit the landscape, eg create mountains or rivers etc, is this done in Microdem or something?

Try this viewtopic.php?f=70&t=31205
This will aide you in getting rid of trees.

S!

The trees are caused by having a land tile where the water should be. Replace the RGB 31 that the tutorial uses for sea with RGB 28 (which it should really be), and hopefully they'll disappear.
Alternatively, it could be caused by Photoshop, which doesn't convert RGB to greyscale accurately. I do my RGB work in Photoshop, but convert it to greyscale using GIMP. Haven't found a better solution than that, as I prefer working with Photoshop.

:cheers:

Yes, your map_t thinks that the coast texture - IIRC, 30 or 31 - is a forest texture, 24. Manually re color the map_t in GIMP and check all your other values also, to be sure.

Wow cool no more swamp, thanks. I changed the water areas to rgb 28 and now its just water

cheers

oc-ruds

some one post link to fmb unlocked i did search but no find