Mod Activator for 4.10.1

Ladies and Gents,

Just D/L'd the new 4.10.1 patch and have begun tearing into it to make a 'NEW' Mod Activator.

Wasn't exactly pleased with the way I had things using the SAS Mod Activator as a baseline, so I'm making one from scratch that will have the pits, sounds, effects already in it within the .sfs files. It will be VERY similar to the way the HSFX 4.xx mod was back in 4.09m. This will aide with load times but the D/L size may be rather large.

I'm working on a huge project for school right now in my Java, HTML and Web Design classes, so I will hopefully have this done by next week.

I apologize for the delay but I want to make sure we have all the best in this project.

S!

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:Ladies and Gents,

Just D/L'd the new 4.10.1 patch and have begun tearing into it to make a 'NEW' Mod Activator.

Wasn't exactly pleased with the way I had things using the SAS Mod Activator as a baseline, so I'm making one from scratch that will have the pits, sounds, effects already in it within the .sfs files. It will be VERY similar to the way the HSFX 4.xx mod was back in 4.09m. This will aide with load times but the D/L size may be rather large.

I'm working on a huge project for school right now in my Java, HTML and Web Design classes, so I will hopefully have this done by next week.

I apologize for the delay but I want to make sure we have all the best in this project.

S!

Very cool! Jinxx!

Thanks for all your hard work around here. Big Grin

Fireskull Smile

HI Jinxx

So will this be like a HSFX lite with only stock game components modded?

Thanks Big Grin

madcat Wrote:HI Jinxx

So will this be like a HSFX lite with only stock game components modded?

Thanks Big Grin

At first, just so I can get it out fast.
I've already assembled a lot of sounds from the past, but need to go through and rename them as TD, in their infinite wisdom, decided to re-name everything.
Initial pack will include all the mods I had put into the previous version, but will be embeded into the .sfs files instead of having to be activated via the JSGME.
I'm picking apart the buttons file right now to see what planes need to be added, (this is the only part that may be similar to SAS). I'm trying to add place holders for some planes that I know will be coming down soon as well as some that I've been working on getting compatible with 4.1xx from 4.09.

S!

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:At first, just so I can get it out fast.
I've already assembled a lot of sounds from the past, but need to go through and rename them as TD, in their infinite wisdom, decided to re-name everything.
Initial pack will include all the mods I had put into the previous version, but will be embeded into the .sfs files instead of having to be activated via the JSGME.
I'm picking apart the buttons file right now to see what planes need to be added, (this is the only part that may be similar to SAS). I'm trying to add place holders for some planes that I know will be coming down soon as well as some that I've been working on getting compatible with 4.1xx from 4.09.

S!
What they renamed every file!!!, no wonder we had to wait a year for the patch lol :lol:

Any way seeing as you mentioned about new aircraft how dose the new structural limitations / G-loads or what ever its called effect existing and upcoming aircraft mods? Like do existing plane mods need to be updated with these new limitations ect...

Thanks and look forward to release Big Grin

madcat Wrote:
{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:At first, just so I can get it out fast.

S!
What they renamed every file!!!, no wonder we had to wait a year for the patch lol :lol:

Any way seeing as you mentioned about new aircraft how dose the new structural limitations / G-loads or what ever its called effect existing and upcoming aircraft mods? Like do existing plane mods need to be updated with these new limitations ect...

Thanks and look forward to release Big Grin

I'm unsure as to the G limits of new 'Modded' planes. Right now, I'm just worrying about making the AI planes usable again, in which case, the FM's that are already in place will have the G limits already in their respective FM's.

The mod activator I'm putting together will use the stock buttons file from 4.10.1, but we will have our AI planes again.
All work on new planes or other add-on planes from 4.09 will start from there.

Currently going through all the sounds that I have amassed to pick the best of the best and then re-name them with the 'new' file structure/names.

With mid-terms coming up and my final projects that I have to start on, I may have to just get something out fast and put the rest on the back burner for a bit til the end of the quarter.

S!