Spendy and ultimate PC!

Planemad Wrote:I'm looking at a Power Supply = 850kw

And my firend has just brought a 4gig Graphics card Confusedhock:

Planemad
Wow, I think 700 000w PSU should be enough, why would you need 850 000w? :lol:

I agree with having a plan, always good to have something to aim for Smile I have some posts from some friends here who have FSX and what they are going through. Just FYI mind you, cause as you said there are other games out there too. I listed the quotes in different text colors for you and as said that is just on FSX. What a resource hog Confusedhock: The last quote has the link to the hyper thread info.

On another note, my graphics card that I just purchased is the Gigabyte GTX560SOC ti is is only a 1GB DDR5 card but it is right up there with the GTX580's and more with half the power consumption and virtually silent. Worth a look, or the GTX460-2WIN if they ever release it, dual GPU's on a single card, sort of SLI on one card. As for power, well I am running a 650w thermaltake modular PSU and I am not having any issues at all, but I also check each items requirement and my systems total requirement before putting new parts in. I cannot see me exceeding this PSU in the near future. Good luck with it all, I'll keep you posted with my progress too, although I think I'll sell my FSX before I even use it Big Grin and revert to FS9.

Here are those quotes,

I wouldn't bother with a q6600. I've got a q9650 (mildly oveclocked) + NV285 and it chokes with FSX+addons (otherwise it's been quite capable) I'm doubting I'll be able to upgrade to a machine that runs FSX smoothly before the new ms flight sim is released!

I just upgraded my housemates flightsim. (he is a pilot) and has a huge cockpit with everything decked out, track IR and all that jazz.

Basically you want a i5-2500k, overclock the shit out of it.
I got some Corsair 2000mhz ram, 1600mhz min I'd recommend.
Nvidia 580.

Upgraded from a q9650 @ ~3.8ghz/ddr2-1066/Ati 4870 x2.
Received a factor of around 3x performance increase with the i5 at stock at the moment, but still needs overclocking. Went from like 8FPS 1920*1200 on max gfx with all the autogen to like ~24fps. Hopefully with over-clock should bring it over 30FPS which is acceptable.

Flightsim will take whatever you have and demand more.
Don't bother with SLI/Xfire as flightsim can't really handle it.
Don't bother with ATI as it's a Nvidia program I wouldn't bother with anything less then a Nvidia 570.
Don't bother getting low end stuff as you will be dissapointed.

This is with FSX with all the Orbx Aussie stuff/rex and all that jazz.

FSX is multithreaded but only for specific things.
FSX is really a poorly coded program which is why it requires so much resources.

HT is only 'virtual cores' so for one it's not really much of an increase at the best of times.

http://mustang.flight1.net/forums/fo...fsx-i7-and-you

Seems that some people have stuttering issues with HT anyway.

Updated the first post, the prices got lowered by ~100€ in 7 months as I added some more costly parts due to the cheaper ones being out of the market.