Spendy and ultimate PC!

Fsix Wrote:When you get your case, get rid of the cheap fans and put some of these in:
http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/case-fans.html

Fortunately, the CM-690 doesn't come with 'Cheap' fans.

S!

i7's default cooler is huge too, I don't think I'll need an apartment complex there.

Does the 1600mhz RAM make much difference to 1333Mhz?

The performance increase of 1600 vs. 1333 is minimal. If they are the same price, get the 1600. If the 1333 is much cheaper, you really aren't going to notice a few extra milliseconds difference.

S!

Get this kind of ram, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820144455 its very cheap and allows a clocking of 1600mhz. I use it and it works great.

Fsix Wrote:Get this kind of ram, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820144455 its very cheap and allows a clocking of 1600mhz. I use it and it works great.
They don't sell it here and changing to that doesn't make much difference anyways.

I heard that GTX590 is coming soon with 2 cores, this is going to get interesting.

Might want to change the title to 'Spendy and Ultimate PC!' :wink:

If I were you, I would go for the 570Wink Overclocks much better, and the AMD drivers are horrible!

Question, why are you going to have an H67 mobo?

And if you're goin to have only 1 card, you will be fine with 700wWink

Fryslanboy Wrote:If I were you, I would go for the 570Wink Overclocks much better, and the AMD drivers are horrible!

Question, why are you going to have an H67 mobo?

And if you're goin to have only 1 card, you will be fine with 700wWink
H67 seems to be the cheapest one to have Sandy Bridge for i7 2600k.

Well, that's true, but you also have the fewest features on the board selfWink

Here in Holland, the P67 boards also start at a price around ~€100

Also, the i5 2500K has a better price/performance ratio, it's 180 against 270 euro's, and the difference is not so bigWink They both overclock easily toward 5Ghz
I don't know what you are exactly planning with your PC?

Fryslanboy Wrote:Well, that's true, but you also have the fewest features on the board selfWink

Here in Holland, the P67 boards also start at a price around ~€100

Also, the i5 2500K has a better price/performance ratio, it's 180 against 270 euro's, and the difference is not so bigWink They both overclock easily toward 5Ghz
I don't know what you are exactly planning with your PC?
For the maximum performance in FSX.

I don't quite believe in 2500k having better stats than i7, I bet that i7 has some more "raw power", stability or cache and/or faster memory bus.

I will go compare them now.

According to a lot of PPL i7 2600k is faster, it also gets 15% better stats on PCmark. i7 Also supports hyperthreading.

KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:Hi!

Just to remind, I am not buying a new computer until the one I have now stops working, then I have a really good reason to buy a new one Smile

I've been looking for a new PC, mainly because I am frustrated with the low FPS of my FSX.
So far I've seen that the most suitable pc would be this:

I've been going down this path for well over a month now and have found out more about FSX than I care to think about.

FSX is CPU intesive not GPU intensive,
HT only has a marginal improvement for a short time on extreme terrain graphics and the things you have to do to get that to work is,...well I will get you the links to read for yourself.

The next gen of Intel CPU's are not far off, cannot remember the exact socket designation but they make the Sandybridge K series look like they are using zimmer frames.

It's fairly late here now, but I will find you the link I refer to about the FSX info, you may find it useful, me personally, I am selling my unused FSX Gold and gettin FS9 to accompany IL2.

Cheers, Jeff

Beachy Wrote:
KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:Hi!

Just to remind, I am not buying a new computer until the one I have now stops working, then I have a really good reason to buy a new one Smile

I've been looking for a new PC, mainly because I am frustrated with the low FPS of my FSX.
So far I've seen that the most suitable pc would be this:

I've been going down this path for well over a month now and have found out more about FSX than I care to think about.

FSX is CPU intesive not GPU intensive,
HT only has a marginal improvement for a short time on extreme terrain graphics and the things you have to do to get that to work is,...well I will get you the links to read for yourself.

The next gen of Intel CPU's are not far off, cannot remember the exact socket designation but they make the Sandybridge K series look like they are using zimmer frames.

It's fairly late here now, but I will find you the link I refer to about the FSX info, you may find it useful, me personally, I am selling my unused FSX Gold and gettin FS9 to accompany IL2.

Cheers, Jeff
Well, as I play the latest FPS games and other stuff along with FSX I think the top-of-the-line GPU would be great.

I may buy a new comp year or two from now, but still it's always good to have a plan Wink

I'm looking at a Power Supply = 850kw

And my firend has just brought a 4gig Graphics card Confusedhock:

Planemad