colors in .eff files

Hi all,i have a little problem, colors settings are strange in .eff files.i have:

0.25 0.55 0.23 0.23

i know it's x y and z,and light,but how to know values?me,i know this:

0.252 0.245 0.654
and it works for water,but not for the .eff files.so,how to know colors?

thanks

They are RGB(Red Blue Green) and alpha channel (transparency) values,in your example it means:
0.25 X 255=64 Red
0.55 x 255=140 Green
0.23 x 255=59 Blue
and 0.23 x 1.0=0.23 alpha channel

Code:
Color0 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.8  
  Color1 1.0 0.50 0.14 0.0
* In a effects file the Color0 is the primary color of paricles and color1 is the final color of particles.
Maybe time to go and play with effect files color now! :wink:

To edit Eff files do you need to decompile them with classresolver and then recompile them with a java program or simpy open them in Notepad or something?

Heinkel-162 Wrote:To edit Eff files do you need to decompile them with classresolver and then recompile them with a java program or simpy open them in Notepad or something?
They are not class files, so no need to decompiler or classresolver, you just open and edit them in Notepad!

stuka_40 Wrote:
Heinkel-162 Wrote:To edit Eff files do you need to decompile them with classresolver and then recompile them with a java program or simpy open them in Notepad or something?
They are not class files, so no need to decompiler or classresolver, you just open and edit them in Notepad!

Ok thanks, now do you know what the file is called that controls the Jet engine Exhaust-flame colour?

thanks.yes,i open with notepad.but,i just understand a little,stuka 40...i'll test and try Big Grin

ahhhhhh ok!and i can see colors with paint Wink

Heinkel-162 Wrote:
stuka_40 Wrote:

Ok thanks, now do you know what the file is called that controls the Jet engine Exhaust-flame colour?

The effet file is TurboZippo.eff

LION 98 Wrote:ahhhhhh ok!and i can see colors with paint Wink
If you want to edit or choose the colors, you have to use more powerfull tools (like "gimp" which is freeware you can download hereSmile Arrow http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
or "photoshop"(not freeware!) than paint (if you mean MS paint in windows). :wink:

i have gimp,thanks Wink ok!