[MOD] NEW MIDEAST MAP V1.0

Hi Pete,
Thanks for your feedback.

I've been working lately mainly on textures in order to improve the experience.
I've added tree textures for fields and 3d effect to all textures.
I've also began to add more variety of buildings to some cities (this is a very hard work) and in some cases also added some trees in the cities (parks mostly).

Concerning the city textures, I'll use then centercity3. I've also updated the desertcity (city2) texture for a better blendering with the centercity3 (so when I've got cities partially with paved roads and partially with earth ones it will will match better).

Here are some screenshots of Tel Aviv and Netanya with new textures, trees and buildings.
[Image: TelAviv-2.jpg]

[Image: Netanya.jpg]

What do you think?

Concerning the black rivers near the dead sea, I've found the problem. I don't know why but some rivers where with Water1 instead of Water2. I'll fix it in the next release but you can in the meantime put in Water1 the same texture than in Water0.

For the buildings, you're right. I don't know why IL2 makes them much more brighter than in the real textures. I'll try to make the textures darker in order to fix the problem.

Cheers,
N

Hello nounette, yes I quite like that texture. It provides that transition from desert to leafy suberbs.

I hate populating maps, my South Vietnam map is badly in need of it. Although I did make an effort with Saigon other areas need some attention. :wink:

I'll give the water slot another go as you reccomend.

Keep up the good work, loving this map. 8)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. Big Grin

Hi' Nounette
I'm still unable to save mission(s). According to the Object finder 1.3 nothing is missing Cry
Buller
4.09+up2.1

Hi buller,

Have you installed egypt objects mod by delvpier ?
I haven't tested Object Finder, I normally debut directly within IL2 with shift+tab inside the FMB. Once in debug mode you can scroll with pg dn & pg up to see if there's a loading problem.

Another possible problem is if you have installed everything in the mods folder (mods/mapmods/mideast). I know that when I've tried to put everything there I had some problems too.

In my case, I've copied all the new files directly on the "il2/files" folder. As I've defined a mideast folder for each part (3do/buildings, maps, textures) you don't risk to affect your previous installation. The only thing where you may be careful is with the static.ini and the all.ini. In those cases I recommend you to backup your old files or to use a jsgme folder and to install those 2 files via a jsgme mod.

Let me know if that solved your problem.

Cheers,
N

Hi' Nounette !
I'm gonna try to copy the files into the Files lib Idea
Thanks and have a nice week-end
Buller

Hi Buller,
Let me know if it works.
Nice weekend to you too.
N

Hi everybody:

I've just released v1.03 with plenty of new features (and specially graphic improvements that should provide a much better flying experience). I've also populated most non-populated cities.

Here's the list of v1.03 update:
1) Improved city textures and fixed problem with Tel Aviv and Haifa texture rendering and building positions
2) Added trees to field textures (tree maps - only visible in perfect mode)
3) Added 3D effect to textures (bump maps)
4) Added more building objects to static.ini
5) Added more variety of buildings and trees to Haifa, Tel Aviv, Nablus, Jerusalem, Nir-Am, Sejera, Netanya, Acre, Nahariya, Bir al Maksur, Hadera, Kiryat Ata, Deir Yassin
6) Updated houses from Egypt objects pack in order to see them from farther (10km instead of 1km)
7) Fixed/improved some layout textures (specially black textures in river shores)
8) Added train stations to Nablus, Saida and Beirut Port
9) Added/fixed some bridges and heights
10) Added ports and updated layouts of Beirut, Saida (including Old Citadel) and Sour
11) Populated Al Faluja, Sour, Saida, Beirut and Damascus
12) Modified Sde Dov Airport position
13) Improved building textures to avoid "twinkling" in light surfaces.

You'll find the new version at http://www.gamefront.com/files/20195726/...+v1.03.rar

Please, keep giving me your feedback so I can continue to improve the map.

Enjoy,
N

Nounette
It worked Big Grin , Thank you.
Buller

That's great buller !!!
Let me know your feeback about the map once you begin to fly.

I'm already working on a 1948 campaign (8 missions already prepared).
If someone wants to test them or help me on its development it would be great.

Cheers,
N

Hi, All! I'm just arrived and tried to download the map, but, no way. i've been told at gamefront that there is nothing. How can i do? thanks everybody in advance.
A. Big Grin

Hi Andrew,
You're looking at an old thread.
You can find the thread for the current version 2.0 at http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...st#p358870
Cheers,
N