HSFX 5.0 ready for public distribution with dedicated server

First off - thanks to all those who continue to make this the greatest flight sim.

Completed download via Torrent, did Checksum without any problems, installed HSFX 5.0 over clean Il-2 1946 patched to ver. 4.10.1. No problems with installation. Checked sim while in clean 4.10.1 mode, no problems. Activated HSFX 5.0, problem - campaigns are written in Russian. Start up screen, set-up menus, single missions all in English - only the Campaigns are Russian. Any ideas?

thank you

No clue but I'll follow up on it

Up ,working & it is great-the bomb! Big Grin

Thank you all who worked on HSFX 5.0 Big Grin

Downloading now and can't wait to play with the new features

@DougW60

Incase you dont get your PM might check this out
http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Yes, it did fix the problem, downloaded "EnjoyrPatch_forBoE_v5.2", installed and enabled HSFX, all in English now. Thank you, but I do not understand why I would need a patch for a "Battle Over Europe" add-on that I do not have?? But it works and that is what is important. Again, thank you.

glad you got it working

Could you post a link to the file.
I'm sure others will need this as well.

S!

Go to Mission4Today:-

http://mission4today.com/

You have to register, then:-

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=566

Pick the appropriate version depending upon what Dgen add ons that you have. there are others available.

If you look around there are also a whole load of other free Dgen campaigns by various talented authors...and of course all of those skin compilations to support them.

Ah your first post at AAS! Wink

Ah, I must add the following note to the "EnjoyrPatch" fix. When I installed the patch, it did fix the Russian language problem in campaigns, however, I discovered that I could not launch any campaigns. Me thinks I should have read the readme files more closely. You must download and install the version of the EnjoyrPatch file that corresponds to what you have installed. There is a clean "EnjoyrPatch_forNoAddons_v5.2" there are also the following versions for addons:

BoE (Battle over Europe)
Ostfront
TLD (??)

and combinations of the three above.

These are commercial addons and the patch(s) will address each one in a specific way to ensure they all work well with HSFX.

Must be emphasized: if you have any of the addons listed above, download the EnjoyrPatch that has your addons. If you do not have any of the above addons, download the "forNoAddons" version.

Enjoy

I'm looking for instructions on how to use the Bomb bay doors + by fireball. I know how to open bomb bay doors but how do I drop bombs in singles? It says the readme is "enclosed" but I can't find it, where is it enclosed to?

Is it necessary to download the whole thing over again, or is there a patch that I can apply over the top of HSFX4.1 to bring it up to 5.0 standard? I only just finished downloading 4.1 after a week of frustration and don't much feel like doing it over again!

HSFX 4.11 is specific to 4.09m and HSFX 5.0 is specific to 4.10.1. Much has changed between 4.09 and 4.10.1 and there is no easy patch.

{HVY}Sheep Wrote:I'm looking for instructions on how to use the Bomb bay doors + by fireball. I know how to open bomb bay doors but how do I drop bombs in singles? It says the readme is "enclosed" but I can't find it, where is it enclosed to?

Hi, Sheep

The easiest way ( I sometimes use it ) is to simply use the Windows Explorer Search at the top of the window when you have the folder opened - where you see the little blue magifying glass. If you type README, then it will display every instance of whatever you typed into the Search box which can be found in the folder which you have open in that window.

I have not looked at it yet, but some mod packs have more than one README file, so this might be the best way to find them.

Fireskull