HSFX 5.0 ready for public distribution with dedicated server

Hi,

Many guys will find this little guide very useful. The HSFX mod installation basics are found here - very basic but important.

Be sure to thank the HSFX leadership for their fine mod pack and support.

See my HSFX 5.0 Simple Mod Guide
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=31573&p=351216#p351216

Fireskull

Brophmeister Wrote:Is it necessary to download the whole thing over again, or is there a patch that I can apply over the top of HSFX4.1 to bring it up to 5.0 standard? I only just finished downloading 4.1 after a week of frustration and don't much feel like doing it over again!

A clean install is always the best place to start with mods. What you need to do is always keep a copy of the latest stock version of the sim on another drive. Make sure you have added all your skins & users folder etc to it.. even if it is just stock.. or back that stuff up somewhere else but keep a stock version of the latest incarnation of the sim handy somewhere. When an updated mod pack comes out or should you crash or whatever you can just copy that over and add teh mod pack. I have yet to have issues installing any mod pack be it UP, HSFX or even the older ones from AAA on a clean install. Until 4.10 came out I kept a clean stock 4.09... When 4.10 came out I copied that and upgraded it to 4.10 but kept the 4.09 until thre HSFX 4.101 mod pack came out.. then I got rid of the 4.09 and just kept the stock 4.101. If UP ever comes out with a mod pack for 4.101 and I want to try it.. I will just copy my stock and add it.. if I have a HD crash... I will just copy my stock and hit it with HSFX..

Hi Bearcat, thanks for the detailed response but thats not quite what I meant. I do have backup installs for exactly the situation that youre talking about, but what I mean is that I just spent a full week straight using amazingly terrible Australian internet to download 4.11 and then suddenly an updated version comes out and I need to start again from the beginning (and my net is now capped!). If I have to then I have to, but it dosnt mean I'm going to enjoy watching the progress bar slowly creep towards 100%!

Hi all, I've uploaded installations files to these webhosts...

http://102nd.servebeer.com/TEST/alterna ... _links.txt

cheers

Hi guys ,
there is any other way to donwload HSFX 5.0 other than Torrent?
Thanks and keep the good work.
TC

Quote:2. Download HSFX Version 5.0. Use this torrent.

http://161.53.204.25/TEST/HSFX5.0.torrent

and

ftp://89.163.173.82
USER: HSFX50
PASS:HSFX50.1

Unfortunately if I go to that link there is a page full of numbers and letters, so it is not a working link. I'm just trying to download HSFX 5.0 in a way different that Torrent.Hopefully there is an alternative.
TC

TICI Wrote:Unfortunately if I go to that link there is a page full of numbers and letters, so it is not a working link.
I just tried it and the ftp link is working

windows has a build in ftp, so all you should have to do is click on the link and than type in the user name and password provided

If that does not work for you try starting the command line version of ftp, type ftp on the cmd line and follow the prompts

Thank you, it seems to work now, i'm going to download the files and let you know.
I've another questionConfusedomewhere i have seen that you can install HSFX 5.0 if you already run HSFX 4.11 by just disabling first the mods via JSGME , than patch the game from 4.09 to 4.10 , than install 5.0 wich will overwright the older HSFX. This way you don't have to reinstall the game allover.
It's possible?
TC

Don't forget it's 4.10.1

So patch your 4.09 to 4.10.1 then you should be good to go.

TICI Wrote:I've another questionConfusedomewhere i have seen that you can install HSFX 5.0 if you already run HSFX 4.11 by just disabling first the mods via JSGME , than patch the game from 4.09 to 4.10 , than install 5.0 wich will overwright the older HSFX. This way you don't have to reinstall the game allover.
It's possible?
Yes but as Mouguse pointed out you have to patch it to 4.10.1

And like you said turn off ALL the mods via JSGME before installing HSFX 5.0

In short what HSFX 5.0 will do is rename/del your current jsgme folder and other folders such that it is practally a clean install as far as HSFX 5.0 is concernted, in that it is going to install new versions of jsgme and other folders

But, I allways recomend starting with a clean install of IL-2 4.10.1!

Not that I dont trust the installer, Im just anal like that Wink

Also note, some of the mods you may have used in HSFX 4.1 (4.09) may not work with HSFX 5.0, so if you do plan on installing previous mods, do them one at a time and test each by running the game after install, instead of just installing them all at once and than not knowing which 'one' caused the CTD

thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I'm having problems downloading HSFX 5.0 using the alternate method . I click on the second link and when I input the Log in and Password HSFX50 & HSFX50.1 the log in window keep coming on all the time and no donwload is possible.
Any suggestion?
TC

You have even included some of my maps :oops:
I'm so proud!!!
Kap.

TICI Wrote:I click on the second link
You mean you click on this..

ftp://89.163.173.82

Right? Which should bring up a little window (log in screen) for youto type in the user name and password

TICI Wrote:and when I input the Log in and Password HSFX50 & HSFX50.1 the log in window keep coming on all the time and no donwload is possible.
Any suggestion?
So the log in screen pops back up after you type in the user name and password?

That usally only happens if you type in the wrong user name and password..

Are you typing in a 'zero' or the letter 'O' for 50? In that it should be a zero..

Also, don't cut-n-paste in the user name an password.. Hand type it in in that sometimes you will get an extra charcter, like a space, and there should be no spaces in either the username or password, the only different between the two is the password ends in a '.1', i.e.

Code:
USER:     HSFX50
PASS:     HSFX50.1

PS I just tried it and was able to log in and dl files.. so the ftp site is up and working

OK. I was able to log in this time but when I click each of the seven files of the HSFX 5.0 a little window comes out telling me " Unable to locate the file to download".
TC