HSFX 5.0 ready for public distribution with dedicated server

TICI Wrote:OK. I was able to log in this time but when I click each of the seven files of the HSFX 5.0 a little window comes out telling me " Unable to locate the file to download".
TC
Now that is strange.. allmost sounds like your internet service provider is blocking it? Another option is to try an 3rd party ftp util.. I have CuteFTP and it works pretty well

Brophmeister Wrote:Hi Bearcat, thanks for the detailed response but thats not quite what I meant. I do have backup installs for exactly the situation that youre talking about, but what I mean is that I just spent a full week straight using amazingly terrible Australian internet to download 4.11 and then suddenly an updated version comes out and I need to start again from the beginning (and my net is now capped!). If I have to then I have to, but it dosnt mean I'm going to enjoy watching the progress bar slowly creep towards 100%!

Gotcha!! Thats a whole different story..

ACE-OF-ACES Wrote:
TICI Wrote:I click on the second link
You mean you click on this..

ftp://89.163.173.82

Right? Which should bring up a little window (log in screen) for youto type in the user name and password

TICI Wrote:and when I input the Log in and Password HSFX50 & HSFX50.1 the log in window keep coming on all the time and no donwload is possible.
Any suggestion?
So the log in screen pops back up after you type in the user name and password?

That usally only happens if you type in the wrong user name and password..

Are you typing in a 'zero' or the letter 'O' for 50? In that it should be a zero..

Also, don't cut-n-paste in the user name an password.. Hand type it in in that sometimes you will get an extra charcter, like a space, and there should be no spaces in either the username or password, the only different between the two is the password ends in a '.1', i.e.

Code:
USER:     HSFX50
PASS:     HSFX50.1

PS I just tried it and was able to log in and dl files.. so the ftp site is up and working

I was able to get 5 downloads before the page died! WHat next? This is getting too crazy for me!

cmirko Wrote:Hi all, I've uploaded installations files to these webhosts...

http://102nd.servebeer.com/TEST/alterna ... _links.txt

cheers

+1

Hi, everyone

Please read this latest good news about the fix patch HSFX 5.01 and the Mods Activator for the mod pack:
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=31607

Smile
Fireskull

I was able to download and run 5.0 via a link at 242 squadron . Can anyone tell me an alternative link to Torrent for the download of 5.01?.
Thnaks
TC

WOW, ya'll have done it again...this is wonderful, for all who had a hand in this upgrade/update thank you, and the sounds now are crazy cool! :Smile) :Smile) :Smile)

Hi guys ,
I'm running HSFX 5.0 and I have couple issues.
For the russian language on the missions and ranks I downloaded "EnjoyPatch_fornoaddonsV5.2" and it fixxed the mission explanation but I still have the ranks for RAF in russian furthermore a lot of stuff is now present in my JSGME which was not there before. It is that normal ?
Second question: I do not use Torrent, there is another way to dowvload hotfix HSFX 5.01 ?.
Thank you and keep the good work !!
TC

TICI

Try here
http://102nd.servebeer.com/TEST/alterna ... _links.txt

Cmirko uploaded these links as alternatives

Cannot open and download any of these files. I need only the hotfix 5.0.1
without using torrent.
TC

TICI

Here you go

HSFX 5.0 Hotfix
http://www.fallenangelssquadron.com/mod ... load&cid=9

Thank you very much! Downloaded and now I have version 5.01. Tested and couple of issues on the FlyBy Tiger (Beautiful) :
When I use the flyby by tiger I hear the tiger sound only on the first pass, if I let repeat the pass over and over again or turn the plane back for a second pass I hear a muffled sound like a lawnmore.
Second issue: Sometimes ( It seems when I have multiple dogfight planes)
I loose the tiger flyby sound and again I hear the muffled lawnmore sound, than it comes back eventually.
My Integrated sound card is HIgh Definition Realtek.
Any fix for this?
TC

I've not experienced what you experience. Try and disable Tigers flyby maybe?

Might also want to post at 242 and see what is suggested.
http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/index.php? ... 3b152769ba

Ok I tested the sound without tiger flyby mod and I found out that what I hear sometimes in the game when tiger flyby mod is enabled and doens't work, is the default sound , so it seems that the flyby sound doens't work all the time when:
1) If you let repeat the flyby without using F3 again you hear the tiger sound on the first pass than you hear the default sound all the time after that.
2) If you have several planes in the vicinity ( Formation or Dogfight) you lose the tiger flyby sound for while than it comes back (You hear the default sound).
3) If you have a formation flight you hear the tiger flyby only on the player plane and not on the other planes flying by ( You hear the default sound on them).
So it seems that when you use the tiger flyby mod it works on and off according to the situation.
I changed the conf.ini according to the original tiger sound instructions but no difference. By the way I have the game installed on 2 different PC and the issue is the same on both of them keeping in mind that I have an integrated sound card HD Realtek on both of them.
Hopefully somebody knows how to fix this because the tiger mod is one of the reason I decided to install HSFX 5.01. I also have the HSFX 4.11 installed and it works very well.
TC

the direct2drive thing kept saying the dl was finished like 4% through :evil: ... a new link?