Our shy mate here is Mr. Search!

Hello!

Chaps, you may remember the old Mr. Search, he was the guy chillin' out with his mates in the control bar just below the AAA logo.
Things have changed since then, we've moved and Mr. Search is now located in the upper right corner.
You can now write a queastion to him and press search instead of having trouble with those fancy settings.
You can still use the more complex system by pressing the "advanced search" text below him.

Nowadays search button-blindness isn't as big problem as it was back in the days of glory for AAA.

I am sorry that I am too lazy to take new pics, the pics might be taken with the old AAA theme, but otherwise they are indetical to the currect AAS search.

Without furter ado I will introduce you to Mr. Search and go trough the different settings.

Table of content:
1. Location
2. Simple search
3. Advanced search

1. Location

As you see in this picture Mr. Search can be found on the upper right corner:
[Image: sijainti.jpg?t=1300815602]
There are different parts/buttons:
[Image: paikat.jpg?t=1300815601]
Search field(1)
Search button(2)
Search button 2 (3)
Advanced search (4)

2. Simple search

Let's use C-47 as the keyword, type it to the search field(1) and then press search button(3).
The list you get should look like this:
[Image: tulokset1_new.png?t=1300815923]

Click on the topic name to see the thread.

3. Advanced search

This is a reference image. It should never be used in real world navigation. I am not responsible for wrong results when this image is used.

[Image: numerot.png?t=1300816196]
Search for keywords(1): This is where you input the thing you are looking for, in this case AC-130
Search for author(2): You can use this field to search for stuff by your favourite poster ♥
Forum (3): In the new search system this and Category(4) are merged together.
Display posts as(5): Change this to select the style of result window, show as posts or topics. With posts you get more results, most of them from same thread.
Search previous(6): Same as the current search within. Select where the search searchs stuff, for example thread headers or posts.
Sort by(7): I really hope this is self-explanatory enough...
Return first...(8): How many characters to show from a post if searching by posts.

Just to clarify this, this is how it shows up if searched by topic titles:
[Image: tulokset2.jpg?t=1300816676]

Or by posts:
[Image: tulokset1.jpg?t=1300816680]

Thank you, Cnopicilin & Mr. Search over and out!

EDIT: From the lowest pic you can see how conservative I was back then, LOL!

Cnopicilin, thats to funny :lol:
Thank you for taking the time to put this back togather. Big Grin

Deutschmark

Ha ha ha, Very nice Cnopicilin Big Grin

This with sound like it'll be a very good tutorial indeed Big Grin

Well Done Cnopicilin, keep it up!

Planemad

I keep crashing at step 2! Big Grin

RadPig94 Wrote:I keep crashing at step 2! Big Grin
Keep trying, apparently you'll get there sooner or later!

Thanks Cnopicilin, I remember well his thread from AAA. Smile

ha-Ha-HA! :lol:

My friend, I knew that you could not resist and it would be only a matter of time before we see this again! :lol:

Fireskull

To be honest i'm not a very good cook. So i used the search button for a nice spaghetti recipe. Nothing.... I even used the advanced button.

I'm using this website very often, almost daily, but it really disappoints me that it can't be used for normal things, making life easier.

I will go to a good book store, the pages in that book will never go offline.

Hawker17 Wrote:To be honest i'm not a very good cook. So i used the search button for a nice spaghetti recipe. Nothing.... I even used the advanced button.

"...Pour 400 gr. of spaghetti into your radiator, then overheat your engine until the water boils and let it cook for about 7 minutes. In the meanwhile, heat the tomato sauce over a flaming wreckage. If you haven't it ready, shoot the nearest plane until you get one..."

Just how I do it Serpiko :lol:

Planemad

Quote:"...Pour 400 gr. of spaghetti into your radiator, then overheat your engine until the water boils and let it cook for about 7 minutes. In the meanwhile, heat the tomato sauce over a flaming wreckage. If you haven't it ready, shoot the nearest plane until you get one..."

Haha, too funny! Big Grin

:lol:

:lol:

looooooooool Nice tread here ;o)

I have just seen, very nice Cnopicilin ;o)

Cheers
:mrgreen:
Ted