HSFX v5.0.1 hotfix

Good day, MAILMAN

I would give it a good probability that it is either a server [you] to client connection issue or perhaps you are waiting too long to launch.

Let us know if anything changes.

Fireskull

Yes I would spawn on the deck and sit there (being the only player in the game) checking something and after a couple of minutes sitting there the plane disappears.

Is there a time limit to where you have to launch from an aircraft carrier within a certain time of spawning on the deck?

Can this time be edited?

Can the time limit be disabled in the Full Mission Builder?

I know that this is not a Zuti MDS mod, but as a comparison this was never an issue with the Zuti MDS mod.

I still don't understand why you keep referring to a server to client connection issue. I am hosting my own game on my own machine not joining a server on a different machine just as if I was hosting a COOP game. I do not have the dedicated server version installed. This would be considered a listen server in some of the First Person Shooter games.

-)-MAILMAN- Wrote:Yes I would spawn on the deck and sit there (being the only player in the game) checking something and after a couple of minutes sitting there the plane disappears.

Is there a time limit to where you have to launch from an aircraft carrier within a certain time of spawning on the deck?

Yes: The amount of time is unknown to me.

Can this time be edited? Yes: A modder who knows how to do it can edit the time, perhaps only by code - I don't remember how.

Can the time limit be disabled in the Full Mission Builder? No - not in stock FMB, however, there might be a mod out there which does it.

I know that this is not a Zuti MDS mod, but as a comparison this was never an issue with the Zuti MDS mod.

People have had planes disappear after spawining on an aircraft carrier while using Zuti MDS, but the Zuti mod was not the cause of it. It is in all cases fairly rare.

I still don't understand why you keep referring to a server to client connection issue. I am hosting my own game on my own machine not joining a server on a different machine just as if I was hosting a COOP game. I do not have the dedicated server version installed. This would be considered a listen server in some of the First Person Shooter games.

In layman's terms, yes that is what people say, but in factual technical terms, any host computer is a server.

I think that this gets you closer to full discovery of what you can do.

Smile
Fireskull

This is starting to sound a lot like a time limit kick problem.
Go into your Conf.ini file under net settings, ([MaxLag]), and check to see what you have your timings set to.

Here are mine:

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=10.0
nearMaxLagTime=2.0
cheaterWarningDelay=5.0
cheaterWarningNum=-1

Hope that helps a bit.

S!

Fireskull
In layman's terms, yes that is what people say, but in factual technical terms, any host computer is a server.

Thanks for answering the time limit questions. I have no idea what or how to edit this so I guess I am stuck with it. Sure would be nice to prevent this to allow for troubleshooting a mission. I never had a plane disappear using the zuti mds in previous hsfx versions (sometimes I left plane on flight deck for 24 hours) so when it happened with HSFX 5 it came as a shock.

Now so I understand what you mean.

First I do understand that any host computer is acting as a server.

I am just having a difficult time understanding what you mean by a server to client connection issue when I have only one install of HSFX 5.0.1 on my game machine. I open the game, choose multiplayer, select dogfight, select the mission, map appears and I select my home base, select arming and choose my plane, select fly. I am hosting and playing on the same install of HSFX 5.0.1. Please explain how this is considered to be both a server and client so I understand. Thanks

HVY-E {JINNX}

Go into your Conf.ini file under net settings, ([MaxLag]), and check to see what you have your timings set to.

Here are mine:

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=10.0
nearMaxLagTime=2.0
cheaterWarningDelay=5.0
cheaterWarningNum=-1

Hope that helps a bit.

Does this apply when I am playing and hosting on the same game install? Thanks

While it does apply, you really shouldn't have a problem with getting kicked out of your 'Own' game, but without actually seeing what's happening, we can only make our best guesses and go from there.
You start with the obvious and then work your way to the more obscure......

S!

-)-MAILMAN- Wrote:Fireskull

Thanks for answering the time limit questions. I have no idea what or how to edit this so I guess I am stuck with it. Sure would be nice to prevent this to allow for troubleshooting a mission. I never had a plane disappear using the zuti mds in previous hsfx versions (sometimes I left plane on flight deck for 24 hours) so when it happened with HSFX 5 it came as a shock.

Now so I understand what you mean.

First I do understand that any host computer is acting as a server.

I am just having a difficult time understanding what you mean by a server to client connection issue when I have only one install of HSFX 5.0.1 on my game machine. I open the game, choose multiplayer, select dogfight, select the mission, map appears and I select my home base, select arming and choose my plane, select fly. I am hosting and playing on the same install of HSFX 5.0.1. Please explain how this is considered to be both a server and client so I understand. Thanks

HVY-E {JINNX}

Here are mine:

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=10.0
nearMaxLagTime=2.0
cheaterWarningDelay=5.0
cheaterWarningNum=-1

Hope that helps a bit.

Does this apply when I am playing and hosting on the same game install? Thanks

MAILMAN,

In online combat, for computers to be aware of all 3D models, for everything to be visible, and for placing things in order, digital acknowledgements must be right among computers. These acknowledgements are the confirmations that each computer sends in response to data sent by a computer about something. The packages of data called acknowledgements allow computers to complete communication about each issue among them. If a plane spawns by one computer, such computer sends a message to the other computer(s). The response sent in return is the acknowledgement.

MAILMAN, I am sure that your are familiar with some of this, so stay with me here.

The plane that you selected could sit on the deck for a while. If a squadmate intended to have the same version of IL-2 and same mod pack but actually there was something wrong ( such as if someone had the digital download version of IL-2 without using the needed special patch for it to enable all mods or if there was a corrupt file in just the wrong place ) then when he actually decides to enter the game and spawn a few minutes later it could kick your plane out. ( Which would be followed by an eventual kick of your squadmates perhaps just before your IL-2 freezes - not the situation in your case. )

This is because of a breakdown in the acknowledgements which doesn't allow the computer to be "aware" of an object (aircraft in this case) being in the spawn slot or spawning there ( at least for the first moment ). I have in the past on at least a couple occasions even seen an aircraft spawn in the same spot as a previously spawned aircaft and explode! This always is partly caused by a delay in acknowledgements or non - existent specific acknowledgement when the second plane spawns. I always thought that this only occurs when two people have connection problems (poor InterNet service?) but push the FLY button at virtually the same time, but I am not sure.

Have you ever heard of invisible planes in the air or invisible spawning? These cases are also always related in some way to acknowledgements failure.

In a moment or a minute or so, someone might be "kicked" all together and your IL-2 could freeze. I have often wondered if the freezing of IL-2 when people are trying to use carriers could be because of a shutting due to incompatibility ( wrong or incomplete patch installation or corrupt files ).

Now that I have more information, such as you writing that you have left a plane spawned on deck for a long time (after someone attempted to join, I assume) then this scenario of incompatibility must not be the situation. Smile

As mod packs have evolved and more users have a clean mod pack installation, these kinds if problems become rarer as time passes. I actually have not seen it in many months.

Frankly, IL-2 has always been complicated and quirky for online, but great when it does work. :roll:

There are thousands of details and also the digital acknowledgements between server and client that must be 100% correct for IL-2 to function for online combat.

Smile
Fireskull

Thanks for the explanation Fireskull.

Actually I was the only player. The server was password protected so no other players could join. I spawned on the deck and a couple of minutes later my plane disappeared as if I had crashed and died. I checked the log and it says that I sustained fatal damage (not an exact quote). So my computer was the only one running, I was hosting the game and playing with the same install on the same machine. It made no difference if I remained in my spawn location or whether I taxied up to the right catapult or any other place on the flight deck and engaged my chocks.

Just to check I decided to spawn again and then fire up the game on my laptop and join from there as well. I spawned at a different location on the flight deck with the laptop. Both planes were on the flight deck at the same time, chocks engaged or not engaged (tested several times) and the host machine would disappear (just like when I was the only plane on the deck) and the laptop plane would disappear and be disconnected from the server.

I hope this makes it clear exactly what transpired.

-)-MAILMAN- Wrote:Thanks for the explanation Fireskull.

Actually I was the only player. The server was password protected so no other players could join. I spawned on the deck and a couple of minutes later my plane disappeared as if I had crashed and died. I checked the log and it says that I sustained fatal damage (not an exact quote). So my computer was the only one running, I was hosting the game and playing with the same install on the same machine. It made no difference if I remained in my spawn location or whether I taxied up to the right catapult or any other place on the flight deck and engaged my chocks.

Just to check I decided to spawn again and then fire up the game on my laptop and join from there as well. I spawned at a different location on the flight deck with the laptop. Both planes were on the flight deck at the same time, chocks engaged or not engaged (tested several times) and the host machine would disappear (just like when I was the only plane on the deck) and the laptop plane would disappear and be disconnected from the server.

I hope this makes it clear exactly what transpired.

MAILMAN,

With all that information, we see that you got a
-)-MAILMAN- Wrote:disconnected from the server.

Now I am beginning to think that it could only be a corrupt file or an actual bug related to the carrier spawning.

Fireskull