The un-official HSFX 5.0 How To Manual

Hey guys

I took the liberty of taking some of the text from the HSFX 5.0 read me on how to install HSFX 5.0 and re-worded some things and added a lot of pictures in the hopes of making it easier for some to download and install HSFX.. Here is the link

The un-official HSFX 5.0 Instructional Download Installation and Operations Tutorial

Let me know if there is anything you find confusing or things I should add or remove to make it ezer for people

ACE-OF-ACES Wrote:Hey guys

I took the liberty of taking some of the text from the HSFX 5.0 read me on how to install HSFX 5.0 and re-worded some things and added a lot of pictures in the hopes of making it easier for some to download and install HSFX.. Here is the link

The un-official HSFX 5.0 Instructional Download Installation and Operations Tutorial

Let me know if there is anything you find confusing or things I should add or remove to make it ezer for people

Hi,

I made this into a Sticky Topic.

Smile
Fireskull

im a new guy trying to install HSFX 5.0 for the first time where can I find a detail instruction for dummies?

I have a disk copy of IL-2 patched to the latest patch. I have downloaded the seven downloads required for HSFX 5.0 I made a new file on my desktop placed the downloaded files in it. I ran the exe told it to install to my IL-2 folder it begins the install then 3 mins are so it stops and says to insert disk 2. Please help what am I doing wrong!

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with this error so you might want to post here

http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/

Good luck

lhayes Wrote:im a new guy trying to install HSFX 5.0 for the first time where can I find a detail instruction for dummies?

I have a disk copy of IL-2 patched to the latest patch. I have downloaded the seven downloads required for HSFX 5.0 I made a new file on my desktop placed the downloaded files in it. I ran the exe told it to install to my IL-2 folder it begins the install then 3 mins are so it stops and says to insert disk 2. Please help what am I doing wrong!

Thanks!

Hi, and welcome to the community Smile

Just to be absolutely sure about the stock IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 patches, I give you these links:

IL-2 Patch Central
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=31580

Next, read the section about HSFX 5.0 and 5.01 in these threads:

IL-2 Newbie Guide
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=29314

The un-official HSFX 5.0 How To Manual
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=31656

HSFX 5.0 ready for public distribution with dedicated server
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=31515

HSFX 5.0 and 5.01 hotfix - Getting Started
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=31582

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the sake of clarity, here is the total order of intallation... ( Chose location of installation: Point the installing at the main IL-2 folder each time )

(Must be installed outside Program Files to be sure that all mods added later will fully work. You can make the IL-2 folder installed as a major folder on your hard drive alongside of Windows, AppData, Users, and so forth)

(IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 might require two disks for installation, then you continue with the various patches after that.)

Stock IL-2 1946 Order:
1) IL-2 Stormovik 1946 version 4.07 DVD
2) IL-2 Stormovik 1946 Patch 4.08

(Some people have the IL-2 Stormovik 1946 version 4.08 DVD, which makes the IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 4.08 patch unnecessary for the 4.08 DVD)

3) IL-2 Stormovik 1946 Patch 4.09
4) IL-2 Stormovik 1946 Patch 4.10 (Optional official skin pack for 4.10 can be installed anytime in the future after you patch to 4.10)
5) IL-2 Stormovik 1946 Patch 4.101 - Bug Fix Patch - 4.101

Important: You should make at this point a copy of the total patched stock IL-2 1946 for safekeeping, which is much easier and quicker than replacing it by re-downloading and re-installing the whole build.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HSFX Mod Pack Installation: (Install these into your patched stock IL-2 1946...) ( Chose location of installation: Point the installing at the main IL-2 folder each time )

1) HSFX 5.0 Mod Pack - Download and Install it.

( Optional HSFX 5 Mods Activator - thanks to SAS team for buttons work and support - Read instructions at SAS: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/t767.0.html )

2) HSFX v5.0.1 hotfix - Download and Install it.

Done deal to get you started for offline use! Big Grin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For online combat, you should discover what the online squadron is using and build according to that. For HyperLobby servers, look at the server requirements in HyperLobby and build IL-2 to that. Any other online organization and you should find what they require and get it.

Ask for help when you need it.

Beware that when you add mods to any mod pack, what you add might overwrite some things in the process of installation. For example, if you had a particular modded aircraft that you like but want to try another modded version of the same aircraft, the new might overwrite the previous.

Get information from the modder or the forum that hosts the mod pack to be sure about any particular risk of overwriting.

Add mods on a separate experimental copy of your IL-2 build and keep a clean, untouched copy for backup in case something unexpected happens that you don't want.

If you are not sure about a particular action, then get information to be sure first and act on that.

Take it step by step and enjoy the learning adventure.

The huge collection of stock and mods content is worth it because amazing sights and sounds are in there. Smile

Fireskull

After I downloaded the HSFX 5.0 files I made a new file on my desktop. Should I put the file somewhere else before the install?

also is this IL-2 Stormovik 1946 Patch - Bug Fix Patch - 4.101 another patch are the same as 4.101?

Thanks guys

lhayes Wrote:After I downloaded the HSFX 5.0 files I made a new file on my desktop. Should I put the file somewhere else before the install?

also is this IL-2 Stormovik 1946 Patch - Bug Fix Patch - 4.101 another patch are the same as 4.101?

Thanks guys

Hi,

The 4.101 and the Bug Fix 4.101 are one and the same. Sorry for the typo ( hurried a little too much :oops: ) I clarified the lines in the text. One link in the IL-2 Patch Central is for a thread on the issue and the other is a direct link to the official thread on it, hence the miscommunication. Problem solved.

I usually put the download of something important in a permanent storage location and install it from there. When I start the download of the important file, I typically aim the download (take the option to save in a location of your choosing) at the place of permanent storage (to be opened and installed from there). This eliminates an extra task to move it to storage later. I highly recommend keeping the uninstalled download in storage if you can for quick grab in the future if needed - again, much faster than re-downloading after something goes wrong. In the situation right now, I suggest simply dragging the download to your permanent storage and then opening it to start the self-installer. Remember to point the HSFX 5 installer to the main IL-2 1946 folder (of the completely patched IL-2 1946 - should be installed outside Program Files somewhere) and it will handle the intallation. If asked to overwrite, then check YES to ALL.

Once again, it is good to make clean, untouched copies of everything which you think might be needed or re-needed in the future. This might included the whole patched IL-2 with mod pack installed into it. When you need it again, you can simply copy the whole thing to the desired final location for use, which keeps the backup copy in place. ( No need to reinstall everything, just copy from the backup. Once it has been installed previous, then you may copy or re-copy to that location. This is one of several reasons why you should never use delete to get rid of something which is installed.)

Smile

Fireskull

The IL-2 Patch Central was improved by me today with information included about the Mega Patch.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=31580&p=351302#p351302

Fireskull

Hi, ACE-OF-ACES

The link in the first post seems to be broken. Can you fix it for the sake of the people? :wink:

Fireskull