DCG Solomons 1942-45 V1.6 (unmodded V4.11m)

Hi,

Campaign tested with IL2 1946 V4.11m and DCG 3.47beta (Strongly recommended!!!)

Please make first a copy of your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\DGen" folder before you install any files from this campaign!

DCG 3.47beta: http://www.jg1.org/tabid/116/g/posts/t/ ... -Test.aspx

Campaign download: http://www.mediafire.com/?ft4y8cm4pppb4l4

Many thanks to Paul Lowengrin for his support and Dynamic Campaign Generator, "Team Pacific" for the detailed "Solomons" maps,Team Daidalos and Oleg Maddox and his team for this simulator!

Thanks!

Hi Lonestar,

I am not sure if I understand you correctly, is this for an unmodded 4.101? I tried it in my unmodded game and it didn't worked because the .MIS files still use the map names of the old mod Slot map ( MAP Slot/load_...) and not the names of the 4.101 maps ( MAP Solomons/load_...).

Juri_JS Wrote:Hi Lonestar,

I am not sure if I understand you correctly, is this for an unmodded 4.101? I tried it in my unmodded game and it didn't worked because the .MIS files still use the map names of the old mod Slot map ( MAP Slot/load_...) and not the names of the 4.101 maps ( MAP Solomons/load_...).

Hi Jury_JS!
Test it again and it works for me! Important is the path in the "maps.dcg"!
Try this:
Open the "Eastern_Solomons42_M.mis" in the editor and change the line:
MAP Slot/load_0842.ini
to
MAP Solomons/load_0842.ini
After this, start the subcampaign "Battle of Eastern Solomons" as a US fighter pilot and see if it works!

Thanks, after editing the .mis files it seems to work.

Juri_JS Wrote:Thanks, after editing the .mis files it seems to work.

Which DCG mode do you use for the campaign? Auto-generation and replace Dgen or manuel generation for each mission?

Meanwhile I tested it also in manuell generation and it worked! Dont know what the problem was!
Nevertheless, I have rewritten the paths for the Solomon Map for all .mis files and uploaded the new campaign!
Thanks for the hint, Juri_JS!

I have tested your updated campaign files in Dgen replacement and manual generation and everything is working fine. Again thank you.

One small suggestion - I noticed that your files for the Dgen folder will overwrite the files of some DGen campaigns (including one of my old campaigns :wink: ). I think it's a good idea to include an advice in the readme that players should first backup their DGen folder before installing the files.

Juri_JS Wrote:I have tested your updated campaign files in Dgen replacement and manual generation and everything is working fine. Again thank you.

One small suggestion - I noticed that your files for the Dgen folder will overwrite the files of some DGen campaigns (including one of my old campaigns :wink: ). I think it's a good idea to include an advice in the readme that players should first backup their DGen folder before installing the files.

Ups, sorry for that!
Done! :oops:

Any chance you guys can tell me where each file is located? I assume you have to extract and place each file in the correct location?

SAVVY_JACK Wrote:Any chance you guys can tell me where each file is located? I assume you have to extract and place each file in the correct location?

Hi,
Installation 3rd party campaigns: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=29320

And take a look in the "read me" file of this campaign!

Hope it helps!

New version of this campaign is out!
Thanks!

Lonestar Wrote:New version of this campaign is out!
Thanks!

I'm working on it lonestar!! I can't get the map up. Get an error slot/ini message. I have too many topics up and got confused. Gonna rest a few and start over again.

1. I have the DCG downloded and working.
2. I have the Soloman Campaign downloaded but not working.
3. I think its the modded version....I may have the wrong one!

I have found in the timetable.dcg file from this campaign a bug that does not allow that tanks could be spawned for both sides!
New files uploaded! Excuse!

And here the same update:
Added the files for the Ki-45 Hei by TD/Jason to the campaign! DCG should work for 4.11m!
New files uploaded!

Changes for IL-2 1946 V4.11m:
1. Reworked completly the New Georgia campaign for both partys like ship routes, land routes, timeline and other things!
Main reason for the changes was, that the allies have more efficient invasions and resupply for their ground units and to remove unnecessary ship routes for the japanese!
2. Added the Ki-45 Hei (not flyable!) to the campaign (instead of Bf-110G2) and replaced the TBF1C with the TBF1 for the campaigns before 1943!