Boston bomber behavior

Im trying to set up a normal boming run with a flight of Bostons, but with the ground attack waypoint set they go down and start strafing. Is there a way to stop this? I just want a level bombing run.

The way I do it when I set up a bomb run is to set the ground attk triangle at the exact point you want them to drop the bombs, at the Alt you want. Then I set a fallow through way point.

I never used the Boston, but things like P-47's will drop their bombs without diving sometimes, level bombing at the marker, and not expend all their ordinance.

I set up one mission with the 47 loaded heavy with rockets and bombs x3 and I sent up multiple ground attk triangles and it seemed to work to get them to spread their ordinance around. I literally mapped out in way points exactly how I wanted them to attk, turns and each weapon release in way points.

I'm still trying to figure out the voodoo of this game my self.

I had a hell of a time coordinating a ship strike with SBDs TBMs and F4Fs, I always try to make those on the edge of survivability for the ships so it can go either way.

Thanks,

Ive tried everything with the Bostons with no joy. The only thing I can think of is to somehow disable the front guns so they wont go down and strafe. Probably not do-able.

it seems the A-20 and Pe-3 are coded as attack aircraft not as level bombers?? try to set up a bomb impact area from at least 9000 feet altitude and do not put in a "destroy ground" marker and do not link the bomb impact icon to a specific target. The link below may be what your looking for in an easy to use tutorial. Hope this helps.

http://www.il2-fullmissionbuilder.com/index.php

Dogtail2 Wrote:Im trying to set up a normal boming run with a flight of Bostons, but with the ground attack waypoint set they go down and start strafing. Is there a way to stop this? I just want a level bombing run.

Good day, guys

Certain planes have minimum and/or maximum altitudes allowed, level flight for at least 3 waypoints before bombdrop, and not be directly threatened by nearby enemy aircraft in order to make a horizontal (level) bomb run.

For example, if nearby terrain causes the aircraft to adjust altitude or course during the bomb run, then that's a no drop of bombs.

Also, having turns in the bomb run within three waypoints might cause a no drop.

In real life, if the crosswind is too strong, then no drop, but I have not discovered if IL-2 1946 has this factored, too.

Much of this is in the Stock or Mod READ-ME file.

I hope that his helps.

Smile

Fireskull

Thanks Fireskull but none of that works for the Boston. They seem to be coded as fighters because of the forward firing guns.