QMB Engine Question

When I try to fly any jet in QMB it seem that the engines are off. Throttle says 100% on screen and engine on. But I lose altitude and have no power. I have tried many things to no avail.

What plane are you flying?

All Jets in QMB

Hi'
Re-calibrate your joystick/throttle.
Buller Idea

skfghawk1 Wrote:When I try to fly any jet in QMB it seem that the engines are off. Throttle says 100% on screen and engine on. But I lose altitude and have no power. I have tried many things to no avail.

Hi,

At 100% throttle, a jet will eventually overheat. If it does, then your engines would be cooked - somtimes called a "burn-out". Of course, this must not be what happened, huh?

Also, if you advance the throttle too quickly, then jet engines of WW II are at risk of self-extinguishing or going OUT - sometimes called a "blow-out". They could also keep running but just barely under power because of too much fuel in the air/fuel mixture.

Have you been advancing the throttle to quickly, perhaps?

Smile

Fireskull

Maybe. I will try and let you know.

Fireskull, I checked it out and I have no power as soon as I go into the mission. It shows engine on and I increased throttle slowly but no response. Props are not turning and doing the same.

You may try this:

For those who would however like to use jets with the QMB:
1: Throttle 0
2: Battery
3: Master
4: Emergency Ignition
5: Starter
6: Throttle 3% if altitude lower than 4000 feet and 9 % if altitude higher than 4000 feet
7: Cut starter and Emergency Ignition once the engine has started again...
For cutting your engine, for jets: Throttle 0 and cut Master. For propellers cut master or magnetos O or cutting only one engine with multi engine AC, select engine, magnetos 0...

It's in the manual...

Jambo :wink:

I re-read the manual last night and found that out. Sorry for the inconvienence. And Thanks to all. :oops: :oops:

No Problem at all! Great it works! 8)

Jambo :wink: