Russian campaign Briefs.

In the dgen career missions everything is in Russian. I followed the instructions in the 5.0 readme and added "en" to "locale=" in the conf.ini file.

Saved changes, everything else is fine but still the briefs are in russian.

Any ideas?

You need to install the DGEN Patch Enjoy Patch for NoAddons V. 5.2 . this way you will see the briefing in english but the pilot ranks still will be in russian for the RAF pilots. Remember that there are different patches for the Dgen according to the type of game installation you have . If you installed the game out of box up to HSFX 5.0 or 5.01 that's the patch you need . The patch I believe is on Mission 4Today downloads.
Make sure to disable all the mods before you patch.
TICI

Thanks - all good now.

I seem to have the same problem.

I have a downloaded version of IL2-1946. Will that patch also work for me?

I'm not sure if it works on the downloaded version. You can give a try but back up first the game already installed unless you want to reinstall it in case it doesn't work.
TICI

You can also try this:
Download the HSFX5 SAS Mobact V 1.2 and inside you will find a language fix for the Campaign and ranks in russian, they are in the Dgen and Missions folders , just install in your Dgen and Missions in your game . I used both the Enjoy patch and the above for the ranks and they work well but I do not have the downloaded version like yours. Give a try.
TICI

I've actually used from Mission4Today the Enjoy patch.... and if fixed the russian text.

I'll go try the other HSFX thing to get the RAF ranks accurate Tongue

I must say though that my post-war Russian and USA Jets have disappeared. :oops:
I wonder what would do that since the enjoy patch deosn't seem to edit files related to those airplanes. Well, i got work to do :roll:

I dont' know about the post-war issue but for the russian language I fixed like you are doing now. First Enjoy Patch for the briefing and than from the Modact it will fix the ranks for the British.
TICI

fixed the airplane issue, a bad copying of files Tongue

i got the same problem but i cannnot find the download the fix Sad can someone help me with that? and does the fix also work on the latest version of HSFX???
S!