IL-2 Compare for HSFX 5.0

IL-2 Compare Notification and Updates

Thanks for this Ace it was intrusting.

Deutschmark

ACE,

I felt that I should thank you for all your work on evaluating the recent HSFX 5.0 mod pack for IL-2.

As of this post, there are 877 views of this thread, which shows that people are interested.

Remember that your testing of performance (flight models, comparing with real world, stock IL-2 aircraft, or other mod packs) is important and appreciated by people.

Smile
Fireskull

Ah shucks :oops:

But yes I too was amazed at how many views this post has recived.. I guess the AAS FM section is alive and well! Unlike some of the other FM forums at other sites that have gone silent, or worse yet delete posts.

It did take me a couple of weekends to generate all the data..

Some 600+ planes.. Long days..

After which I must admit I was a little burned out, but in light of this thread I am motivated to do more.. Goal now being to get more real world data sets in there and to do the up comming HSFX PTO planes that Aaken is working on..

I hope everyone like the readme that I did and the changes to the titles and lables in IL2Comp

Thank's for all of this work... a very handy utility.

ACE-OF-ACES Wrote:Ah shucks :oops:

But yes I too was amazed at how many views this post has recived.. I guess the AAS FM section is alive and well! Unlike some of the other FM forums at other sites that have gone silent, or worse yet delete posts.

It did take me a couple of weekends to generate all the data..

Some 600+ planes.. Long days..

After which I must admit I was a little burned out, but in light of this thread I am motivated to do more.. Goal now being to get more real world data sets in there and to do the up comming HSFX PTO planes that Aaken is working on..

I hope everyone like the readme that I did and the changes to the titles and lables in IL2Comp

ACE,

Oh, yes - it is good to see your evolution of methods and such.

Every subject has at least one expert upon which much depends.

It reminds me of the technical programs of WW 2 when often a whole program is depending on each person to produce, create, and innovate.

A technical expert often provides the only critical information available upon which much progress develops.

Your work orders energy which ripples throught IL-2 communites around the world on aircraft performance issues.

People on several continents are enjoying better flight models in IL-2 because of your work.

Added to that, your experience is enlightening people to a higher state.

... okay - praise switch OFF! :lol:

Smile
Fireskull

Fireskull Wrote:People on several continents are enjoying better flight models in IL-2 because of your work.
Well..

As a tester of flight models..

I am just the messenger!

The reason we are enjoying better flight models is due to Aaken

Aaken is an aerospace engineer with a Ph.D. that makes a living designing planes

HSFX is the only mod pack I know of that has an actual Ph.D. doing their flight models for them

Not since Oleg himself has IL-2 had this much experience and education doing the flight models

Where other mod packs have to rely on the 'flip-a-coin' method to flight models HSFX rely on actual aerospace techniques done by a guy with a Ph.D.

To sum it up

HSFX EXPERT MOD.. THE FEEL IS AS REAL AS IT CAN BE!

ACE-OF-ACES Wrote:
Fireskull Wrote:People on several continents are enjoying better flight models in IL-2 because of your work.
Well..

As a tester of flight models..

I am just the messenger!

The reason we are enjoying better flight models is due to Aaken

Aaken is an aerospace engineer with a Ph.D. that makes a living designing planes

HSFX is the only mod pack I know of that has an actual Ph.D. doing their flight models for them

Not since Oleg himself has the flight models of IL-2 has this much experience and education doing the flight models

Where other mod packs have to rely on the 'flip-a-coin' method to flight models HSFX rely on actual aerospace techniques done by a guy with a Ph.D.

To sum it up

HSFX EXPERT MOD.. THE FEEL IS REAL!

Horray for Aaken!

Let's give thanks to the Doctor of Flight Models!

... but you are an expert, now, too. Big Grin

Fireskull

Well it must be good

In that even the UP members are using my version of IL2Comp for HSFX to develop their UP FMs

http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,3954.0.html

Sadly I posted a reply to them asking how they liked the changes but the UP forum mods keep deleting my posts Sad

It's also getting some use over at the ubi forums

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 5301009009

ACE-OF-ACES Wrote:Well it must be good

In that even the UP members are using my version of IL2Comp for HSFX to develop their FMs

http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,3954.0.html

Sadly I posted a reply to them asking how they liked the changes but the UP forum mods keep deleting my posts Sad

It's also getting some use over at the ubi forums

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 5301009009

Yes, ACE, I have been following them.

The scientific work on flight models in IL-2 will continue to have significant influence.

Fireskull