HSFX 5.01 sound issues

I agree , I wish there is a fix for the sound issues on HSFX 5.01 and Flyby Tiger. Ther are many issues small but annoying . The bigger ones are the MGS and many cannons not audible from inside ( Not fixed with patches ). Issues with sound volume low inside cockpit and not consistent with engine revs comparing to HSFX 4.1 SOF sound . Outside sound very feeble without Tiger flyby but with Tiger flyby (Beautifull by the way) if you have more then 10-11 planes in the vicinity the Tiger flyby sound is lost and it comes back when you are away from that may planes.
TICI

TICI Wrote:I agree , I wish there is a fix for the sound issues on HSFX 5.01 and Flyby Tiger. Ther are many issues small but annoying . The bigger ones are the MGS and many cannons not audible from inside ( Not fixed with patches ). Issues with sound volume low inside cockpit and not consistent with engine revs comparing to HSFX 4.1 SOF sound . Outside sound very feeble without Tiger flyby but with Tiger flyby (Beautifull by the way) if you have more then 10-11 planes in the vicinity the Tiger flyby sound is lost and it comes back when you are away from that may planes.
TICI

Yep. It's the best we can do at the moment.

Fireskull

Give it time. There are a LOT of sounds for them to go through and check.
Mostly it's the sounds you don't hear from in the cockpit such as Flak and other weapons.
They are working on fixing it though and hopefully there will be a patch to fix it soon.

S!

Good to hear that. I know that they will fix these issues and if they can fix the flames which now desepear after couple of seconds the game will be perfect. For the flames if the Plutonium max effects mod is update for 4.10 it would do it, now you have to remove the flames file in order to work.
TICI

Hi,

Charlie posted here that this is the latest update:

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=32156

242Sqn_Chap Wrote:
Quote:For now, there is a new HSFXSound.sfs file.
You can download it from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26976891/fb_hfxsounds.sfs.

Updated, corrects some gun sounds etc

Fireskull

The latest patch does improve things quite a bit, but the all the ~7mm machineguns are still insanely quiet, unaudible when you have a loud engine like the early Bfs 109.

Maybe this is the actual ratio of engine sounds Db vs small machineguns Db for the pilot, but if it is the case *please* include a JGSME switch in the next patch to have louder 7mm machineguns.

Also, is there a quick way I could mod the game to have louder 7mm machineguns sounds

Thanks!

edit: I did a bit more checking and the MG 131 is insanely quiet too.