Cockpit instruments graphics request

Hello,
I'm working on a program where I need some instruments. After googeling a bit I found those ones which are what I need. I contacted the author to ask if I can use them but he does not answer. My question is how much time would it take to create something similar ?

[Image: Spitfire800x600wtrim.jpg]

[Image: UDPSpeed_BF109K_1280x1024_v1.jpg]

cheers,
Tex

I think unless you plan to release this publicly then there is no problem with using his images and guages, if you do plan on releasing something public then if he does not answer and you do not find anywhere where has said that you cannot use the guages for your own projects, and if he doesn't answer your emails or whatever then once again it fine as long as you credit him properly.

Heinkel-162 Wrote:I think unless you plan to release this publicly then there is no problem with using his images and guages, if you do plan on releasing something public then if he does not answer and you do not find anywhere where has said that you cannot use the guages for your own projects, and if he doesn't answer your emails or whatever then once again it fine as long as you credit him properly.

The application will be definitely public. I'm not sure yet I will sell it or make it free.

I don't think the law would permit you to sell it without his permission, that is a completely another story...but I hear you only have to change 10%.

"Copyright protects the original expression of ideas, not the ideas themselves. It is free and automatically safeguards your original works of art and literature, music, films, sound recording, broadcasts and computer programs from copying and certain other uses. Copyright is not registered in Australia.~Intellectual Property.

Heinkel-162 Wrote:I don't think the law would permit you to sell it without his permission, that is a completely another story...but I hear you only have to change 10%.

"Copyright protects the original expression of ideas, not the ideas themselves. It is free and automatically safeguards your original works of art and literature, music, films, sound recording, broadcasts and computer programs from copying and certain other uses. Copyright is not registered in Australia.~Intellectual Property.

That's why I opened this topic Smile

Tex-Twil Wrote:My question is how much time would it take to create something similar ?

If you use the existing bezels from the game and then make your own internal layers for the gauges themselves it shouldn't take too long.
It all depends on your Photoshop expertise.

If I have everything I need handy, I can crank out a very nice gauge in about 1hr.

S!

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:If you use the existing bezels from the game and then make your own internal layers for the gauges themselves it shouldn't take too long.
It all depends on your Photoshop expertise.

If I have everything I need handy, I can crank out a very nice gauge in about 1hr.

S!

But wouldn't taking any graphics from the game violate some copy rights ? My Photoshop skills are very basic that's why I'd like to someone skilled to do it. I'd even pay for it. Btw, is it possible to "extract" the instruments form the game ?

cheers

That's why I said to use the Bezels only (the frames) and then make the rest on your own from pictures, scans etc.
Yes, you can "extract" the instruments from the game.

This is how I learned to make gauges though.
Have a look here: Gauges.
Then look here: Gauge Art.

S!

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:Yes, you can "extract" the instruments from the game.

How ?

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:This is how I learned to make gauges though.
Have a look here: Gauges.
ok. If I have a base to start from I can try to do it.

Tex-Twil Wrote:
{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:Yes, you can "extract" the instruments from the game.

How ?
up Smile

I know it's almost a year later, but did you ever sort this out?