i7 sandybridge advice

Hey guys,

I've just had my birthday and (not to brag or anything) I have a fair amount of money left over

So, I decided, I am going to upgrade.

I have been looking around and I have seen that the sandybridge proccessors are great for gaming - especially for flightsims

However, after reading some write-ups I have seen that there is a problem with the sandybridge CPU in conjunction with the 67 series motherboards. This is kinda what I was hoping to get as this particluar series of mobo offers SLI for around £110 and supports the 1155 socket of the sandybridge. BUT. Apperently there is a problem with SATA devices connected through this mobo with a sandybridge proccessor on it. I was just wondering if anyone new if this problem had been fixed or if there are any alternatives around this problem.

These are my projected system specs:

Intel i7 2600k
Asus P8P67-M PRO Rev3 Intel P67 Express Socket 1155 Motherboard
2xNvidia GST450
650w psu
500gb hardrive (i think it is 3gb/s but am not sure, it could be 6gb/s)
22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA

Please can I have your advice - because I dont want to spend all this money upgrading if there is going to be a problem

Thanks in advance

AdamB

Hi!

If it's alright, in the Rev.3.0 boards, the problem has solved! So you don't have to worry about thatWink And if it happens, just send the boar back to the shop :mrgreen:

What kind of RAM is going in to it? And how much GB?

Hm, I don't know where you from, but here in Holland, the GTX 460, is almost equally priced as the 450, so maybe, you could go and see for 2X GTX 460? Or maybe for a single GTX 560 Ti?

If you have any more questions, ask away!

Ive have that setup and Im loving it....not sure of the SATA issues though

hey thanks for the replies

I recently found a deal where i can buy a "2GB Gainward GTX 560 40nm, 4008MHz GDDR5, GPU 810MHz, Shader 1620MHz, 336 Cores, 2 x DVI, DSub, HDMI" and an AMD 6 core for around £300
What i would like to know is, "Is the 2gb version of the GTX 560 better than the 1GB version of the GTX560Ti". I'm hopeing it is because i wont need to boost my Psu or splash out on a new i7
and a mobo.

If it is better i might be swayed to get this and then wait until the intel 3rd gens come out in 2014 (i think)

Hope you like

AdamB