Concrete Runways

I downloaded the concrete textures for my airfields in il2, now how do I install it?
please write down the steps as im not the smartest guy around when speaking about il2.
Thanks!

Hi Kilo11,

First, we are glad to see you here, and I hope you will enjoy this community and improve your IL2 ;o)

Would you please give me some more informations:

With which IL2 version are you playing ? What is the 'Concrete textures' you have downloaded (if you have a link;o) ?

I suppose it is a Mod, but I am not sure...

Waiting for your answer, and don't worry, you will get help ASAP ;o)

Have funn here and enjoy IL2 ;o)

Cheers

Ted

hey there,
im running il2 1946 4.09 with UP 201.
I downloaded these textures from this very website and it had the name ''concrete'' which means that the airfields have no stock green grass runways but grey ones, now you get me? thats whats called concrete Smile

here is the link viewtopic.php?t=4236&highlight=concrete+textures

Hi Kilo11

Here is a way to get these textures you are waiting for :

Quote: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:29 pm by Yeager
Catahoulak9 wrote:
Guys I don't know if this will make any difference, but I also have these 4 tga files in \MODS\MAPMODS\3do\airfield\Concrete\.

Thank you Catahoulak9!

This worked, and you don't need a new folder in your MODS folder at all. Just backup/rename the files already in \MODS\MAPMODS\3do\airfield\Concrete\, then paste the new files into the same folder...and voila, it works and looks like a charm. I didn't think the game had anyway of referencing the files in a new folder, but I'd be buggered to figure out where to put the files. Thanks again!
It was on page 5 of the topic you read :wink:

So you go into your MODS folder, MAPMODS, 3DO, AIRFIELD, CONCRETE, and you just have to paste your files. Don't forget to BACK UP your files before doing anything. What i do currently, I create a new folder where I want to paste something, and I call it ORIGINAL. I copy paste here all Original files of the folder I would like to modify...

I hope thet will help you ;o)

Ted

Ok but i dont see any MODS folder

Hi Kilo11,

You can create it into your Ubisoft/ IL2 Folder where you will see other folders like Paintscheme, Missions...

Ted ;o)