Pilot`s helmet for P-80 Shooting stars

Hi guys. Is there a way to add helmet for the pilot to F-80s? They are the only jets where pilots don`t have them. Also noticed that in RF-80 pilots wear helmets. Can I just copy-paste pilot files?

Sorry, in this case you can not copy and paste.
You need to edit the hier.him file.
For example in the f-86 these are the files of the helmet:
- helmetusa1.tga
- helmetmulti1.tga
- helmet1.mat
- Head1_D0.msh

Ok. So what exactly do i do if i want the pilot of P-80 to have a helmet of the RF-80 or F-86?

Well, the process requires work, if you are not familiar with the modding it's difficult, it has to edit hier.him and mesh files.
For example, I modified the head on a YP-80, but the fit is not perfect, I have to descend the head.

[Image: cabezap80.jpg]

I think the easiest thing that you edit the pilot skin.

[Image: de00.png]

But if you tell me the exact model of P-80, I will put a helmet to it, I will let that you choose color. :wink: Smile

Thanks man. I dont know about the color, white or gray maybe. What abotu the RF-80 pilothelmet (viewtopic.php?f=45&t=22736)? Is it possible to apply it to the F-80s, cockpits are the same, right?

Here you have this small mod, that puts new helmet to the aircrafts: YP-80, F-80A and F-80C.

[Image: helmet.jpg]

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gl1p1f17hr...%20P-80.7z

Dude, you made my day. Small detail, and makes a huge difference, at least for me. Thank you very much for this. I also put two helmet files and a head file to navalized P-80 from SAS, and it works. Thanjs again. One more question if i may: Do you experience bouncing on the front wheels of some US jets when taxing and taking off? F-80s, 84, 86s

I'm sorry, I have little experience with reactors.

Swell idea and very much appreciated. Thank you very much. However,
works on the YP-80 but not the F-80A or C. That's in both 4.09 & 4.10. Any ideas?

Hi duffys tavern.
I've tried it in UP 2.01 and UP 3.0 RC and works perfectly, you put the folder at the top of the mods folder.