First home built computer...first problem???

Hello everyone. The computer I just built boots fine, but there's no POST beep. What does this mean? The next issue is that the power light flashes(blue) slowly when the computer is off. Other than these things it runs great, really great. It plays IL2 beautifully!!! The new specs: i7 2600k(3.4ghz), Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3, 8GB Mushkin DDR 1333. Thank you for any assistance.

xsteppenwolfx

p.s. I'm unable to locate the onboard speaker for the Gigabyte board.

Why should it beep? AFAIK Not all comps have POST beep.

I was expecting a beep based on the stuff I read about building your own computer, but like you said not all beep. I didn't know that. Gigabyte informed me that the board I have will not beep unless there's a chasis speaker connected to it, which I don't have. Thanks though for replying. Do you know anything about the flashing blue power light and what it could mean? I think I've set things right in the BIOS and Windows for Power Management, but I'm not totally sure. I'm assuming the flashing light has something to do with power modes??? Thanks again.

The Flashing Blue light means that your computer is in 'Stand By' mode. It's not technically off.
You need to change the setting in the BIOS and in Windows Power mode in the OS.

S!

Thanks for the reply Jinxx. I figured it had something to do with the power settings. The only thing is, there's no S5(shutdown) option available under ACPI Suspend Type. S1(POS) and S3(STR) are all that's available, and everything in Windows Vista 64(Power Options) is set exactly the same way I had it with the old hardware. There is an option in the BIOS called ErP Support. The manual reads: "Determines whether to let the system consume less than 1W power in S5(shutdown) state." I'll give that a try, but I'm still unable to find an option allowing me to enable the S5 state directly. Any suggestions?

Well...now the power light is off for good, even when the computers on. Oh, well... it plays IL2 though! Thanks for the help.