Help a newbie to create some cockpit graphics :)

Hello,
I need cockpit graphics for WW2 planes. I decided today that I should give it a try and make them myself. I'm a total newbie with Photoshop that I've used until now only for very basic tasks (resizing/cropping pictures).

Based on those 2 tutorials #1 #2 I made this graphic from scratch in some hours:

[Image: alt2copytmp.png]

Now I'd like to ask you for some help to basically create the bezel and add some effects to make it a bit more realistic. Could you point me to some other tutorials or give me some hints ?

A friend of mind who is a graphic designer told me that I should stick to vector graphics so that I can resize them to my needs without loosing any quality and that's what I've done until now. I wonder though which are the limitation when I use only vector layers. For example, in one of the tutorial some grain was added to the numbers and tics but this makes the picture rasterized. What would be a workaround for this ?

Other question, I did this in Photoshop but would Illustator be better to do such graphics ?

Thanks for your help,
Tex

Try simmers paint shop.

There you will find all you need.

S!

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:Try simmers paint shop.

There you will find all you need.

S!

I already asked there as well Smile