Slight Problem

I have been using UP3 for two weeks now without issue; however, this afternoon, I started her up and suddenly QMB will not work. When I click on the button, I get the background screen but no button panel. I did a complete restart of my system and the same thing occurs. Diagnosis? Remedy? Have others been having this issue as well? Thank you in advance.

Hi sphinx1912,

you may have a look in your cache folder of your UP3 and delete the files there?
It might be just a hick-up... hopefully.

Jambo :wink:

Jambo Wrote:Hi sphinx1912,

you may have a look in your cache folder of your UP3 and delete the files there?
It might be just a hick-up... hopefully.

Thank you for your help. Where is the cache folder located within UP3? This is getting really weird because everything was fine for the longest time and then it just started doing it despite my not having made any changes. I have since deleted everything and done two complete reinstalls and several copy and pastes of my IL2 file. Now, everything is fine during my first outing, but during the second or third, it craps out. Whatever the problem is, it seems to be taking place around the 70% loading mark because I get the swirly Windows 7 icon popping up on the screen and that's when QMB will fail to load. Sad

This is very strange, first all goes well, later don't load the game in the QMB.
I don't know if it is corrupted files, or a problem between W7 and IL-2.
Here you have information on how to install IL-2 in W7:
IL2 1946 and Windows 7 doesn't want to start

ton414 Wrote:This is very strange, first all goes well, later don't load the game in the QMB.
I don't know if it is corrupted files, or a problem between W7 and IL-2.
Here you have information on how to install IL-2 in W7:
IL2 1946 and Windows 7 doesn't want to start
how come I'm always fortunate when it comes to OS problems? recently I read that a certain game wouldn't work at all on W7 yet i'm playing it at max framerate and only a couple of bugs.

have you tried cleaning registry?

sphinx1912 Wrote:Thank you for your help. Where is the cache folder located within UP3? .....

Have a look here: X: (your harddisk) \IL-2 UP3.X (Name of your folder of UP3.0) \Missions\Net\cache

How old or new is your graphic-driver? Did you changed anything of your drivers?
"Sometimes" it has absolutely nothing to do with your game, sometimes it's just a hiccup...
and in the worst case - you might install 3.0 again and new!
Sorry if I don't have the right solution for you!
Wish you luck!

Jambo Wrote:
sphinx1912 Wrote:Thank you for your help. Where is the cache folder located within UP3? .....

Have a look here: X: (your harddisk) \IL-2 UP3.X (Name of your folder of UP3.0) \Missions\Net\cache

How old or new is your graphic-driver? Did you changed anything of your drivers?
"Sometimes" it has absolutely nothing to do with your game, sometimes it's just a hiccup...
Wish you luck!

Driver was updated only a couple weeks ago and I have done numerous reinstallations and the problems reoccurs. The only thing I can think is when I am skinning and viewing my work in QMB; I am repeatedly going back and forth between IL2 and my desktop using the windows key. Could this be corrupting files in the game?

sphinx1912 Wrote:
Jambo Wrote:

Wish you luck!

Driver was updated only a couple weeks ago and I have done numerous reinstallations and the problems reoccurs. The only thing I can think is when I am skinning and viewing my work in QMB; I am repeatedly going back and forth between IL2 and my desktop using the windows key. Could this be corrupting files in the game?

Problem solved-sort of: The issue seems to be with the process of QMB saving a file in the Quicks folder. If I delete these, QMB loads every time without issue. The only problem is that I can't save any QMB missions.