Taxiing mod (Discussion)

Sorry if there is already a thread about this, but is there somewhere a mod where your plane spawns in front of hangar (not in runway) at the start of mission. I have seen this in Histomod videos. So is it a separate mod or part of Histomod?

Hi Juntsi,

First welcome here, we glad to see you, and hope you will enjoy AAS ;o)

I don't know if there is a specific mod for that, I think it is only how the mission has been built. But no doubt a gentleman here will quickly answer your question ;o)

Have fun and Enjoy AAS !!!

Ted

Firstly, you ask about a mod where your plane spawns in front of hangar (not in runway) at the start of mission. The situation is differerent for coop & dogfight missions so I'll address each seperately.

COOP's
Any plane that is place less than 1.2km from the middle point of an airfield runway will automatically snap to the end of the runway to spawn. Planes will spawn at the takeoff point (not the runway end) if the takeoff waypoint is placed more than 1.2km from the middle point of an airfield runway. This is a good way to spawn planes in fields, on roadways etc.

If this is not practical for your purposes, there is a 'reduced airfield radius' mod that reduces the radius of the "snap to end of runway effect" to something like 1km. If this is still too large a distance I could produce another version of this mod to further reduce the effect radius if you like.

DOGFIGHTS
a. Ultrapack 3.0 now has a feature to display spawn points & taxi pathways directly on the map in FMB. This allows mission builders to place hangars directly behind (or even over the top of a spawn point) so the player will spawn in front of, or inside a hangar.

b. UP3.0 also has two types of home bases, the normal HB & one called a 'stand alone' HB. Stand alone HB's can be placed anywhere, including on top of existing airfields. You can then place special 'spawn placeholder' objects inside the HB to designate where each spawn point is to be. In this way, you can specifically place point points in front of a hanagr (or anywhere elese you like).